Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

HSV engine swap trouble shoot

Ls2blown

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ve 6.0ltr
Hi all thank you in advanced for any advice . I recently brought a ass end right off of a maloo Ute to put into my series two ve ss both cars was running before the engine swap took place . ecm bcm loom ect all put into ss she’ll .now here the strange part Both keys some how from maloo and ss unlock the car which was one wierd thing next thing is the car won’t fire at all so we to see if it would still atleast fire by passing everything by running a wire straight from battery to starterswitj acc on all that jazz , what I wanna no is do I need the icc from maloo to match maloo engine bcm ecm ect and also the sat nav stereo also does that have anything g to do with why the computers arnt talking

krusing

Well-Known Member, Possibly for the wrong reasons
Reaction score
Members Ride
2002 VY L67 Calais Sedan, 2012 VE L77 Calais Wagon
It sounds like you need a scanner/programmer on it see what its not doing.
Where the Keys will need to be programmed into the BCM, and the immobiliser/Receiver.
[as there is 2 menu's the VE Keys needs to programme into, for them to work correctly]

07GTS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VEGTS BUILT BLOWN E85
the dash/stereo now prob has a different VIN to the ecu and bcm and the UTE ecu/bcm is different to SEDAN if thats what its in now, so it all needs to be setup and working with your VIN/security so it all works together

Ls2blown

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ve 6.0ltr
the dash/stereo now prob has a different VIN to the ecu and bcm and the UTE ecu/bcm is different to SEDAN if thats what its in now, so it all needs to be setup and working with your VIN/security so it all works together
Thanks heaps for ur info I didn’t think that would speak to the ecu and bcm .
How to you match them up do you propose ?

07GTS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VEGTS BUILT BLOWN E85
not sure exactly prob holden or someone that has the ability to link them all, can be a PITA