Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

HSV Hyperflow Spoiler To Replace Lip

cp993

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 VF SV6 Series ll
Hey guys,

Sorry if there is an existing thread. I just bought a new VFll SV6 with a lip spoiler. What are people's thoughts on replacing the existing lip spoiler with the HSV hyper flow? The lip spoiler is growing on me but i'm still torn of which way to go. Cheers!

I've also done the paint protection which will obvs be an issue when fitting the hsv spoiler because it will need to be treated too.

Sean880

Reaction score
Members Ride
2012 VE SV6 ser 2 and 911 Porsche Carrera S 997
If you could do it for $500 it might be OK. But for a new one at around $2100 painted and DIY fitting it's a waste of cash IMHO (and it won't make your car look like an HSV)

If I were you I would not go ahead (and your car won't be worth any more because of that addition) . The lip spoiler looks fine.

You are much better off putting the money towards a better set of wheels and tyres in 19 or 20 inch (assuming you have not done this yet)which will give you more bling for your dollar if you choose wisely and carefully even though that won't add to the value of your car either.

Last edited:

Paulie81

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY16 VFII Prussian Steel SS-V Redline Manual
i like the lip spoiler. I only like spoilers if they are functional, not cosmetic.

SnowDoggyDogg

2ltr? = Only milk & juice
Reaction score
Members Ride
Gen F GTS
I really can't see a fcuking thing out of the back of my HSV because of that spoiler. Sucks when you're trying to see if it's the cops behind you.

426Cuda

SUBLIME!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Redline Sedan - A6 Spitfire MSE...
I really can't see a fcuking thing out of the back of my HSV because of that spoiler. Sucks when you're trying to see if it's the cops behind you.
Just nail it. You'll soon know. :D

SnowDoggyDogg

2ltr? = Only milk & juice
Reaction score
Members Ride
Gen F GTS
Not anymore with what the cops will be driving.... its the Polair light from above that tells you that you're in some serious sh!t
Just nail it. You'll soon know. :D

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore Motorsport Edition
I thought the aluminium VF bootlids had strengthening plates added to the underside during manufacture when a spoiler was factory fitted. It couldn't be dealer fitted becasue the bootlids are different to those without a spoiler :rolleyes: Is this correct or am i misremembering something?

vywgn

Reaction score
Members Ride
1967 Holden HR Premier Wagon / 2015 VFII SV6 Sedan
I thought the aluminium VF bootlids had strengthening plates added to the underside during manufacture when a spoiler was factory fitted. It couldn't be dealer fitted becasue the bootlids are different to those without a spoiler :rolleyes: Is this correct or am i misremembering something?
They made 3 different boot lids 1 with no holes, 1 with lip spoiler holes stamped out and 1 with high mount spoiler holes drilled. Only thing different between them was the springs used on the hinges