Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

New Posts Contact us

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

HSV Intake

brownie82

New Member
Joined
Apr 17, 2006
Messages
132
Reaction score
2
Points
0
Location
Gladstone
Members Ride
VE SV6 Ute SIDI M6 Karma Blue
Hi i know this has already been said (i think:unsure: ) but i couldnt find anything. What it is i wanna know, is can i put the bottom of a hsv air intake on my SV6?? Im sure someone was talking about it awhile ago. Also if it is possible how much roughly are they?

Thanx in advance
Brownie
 

sting ls2

New Member
Joined
May 20, 2005
Messages
227
Reaction score
3
Points
0
Age
49
Location
melbourne
Members Ride
Vz Clubsport ls2 A4
brownie82 said:
Hi i know this has already been said (i think:unsure: ) but i couldnt find anything. What it is i wanna know, is can i put the bottom of a hsv air intake on my SV6?? Im sure someone was talking about it awhile ago. Also if it is possible how much roughly are they?

Thanx in advance
Brownie
You sure can i did to my 04 sv6,went to N.V.U. in thomastown and got the last one from them for $40,guy there reckons someone from some speed shop brought 20 of them,they were going like hotcakes.After fitting the bottom of the hsv airbox,mates reckon sounds a bit like a v8 at w.o.t.,also can now hear the exhaust a little bit.In a couple of weeks getting one of those BMC flat panel filters they use in the F1 cars,should give it more of a deeper note.
:w00t:
 

naf33n

go
Joined
Feb 25, 2006
Messages
1,243
Reaction score
20
Points
38
Location
The Shire
Members Ride
Supercharged VU SS
you have the option of buying a new one(monaro hsv ss watever) or simply cut the second hole in the one you already have. same resault just depends if you can be bothered cutting a hole(its more of a rectangle shape) or spending the money
 

brownie82

New Member
Joined
Apr 17, 2006
Messages
132
Reaction score
2
Points
0
Location
Gladstone
Members Ride
VE SV6 Ute SIDI M6 Karma Blue
Yeah cool thanx guys. Prob just go and buy one if there only $40. Who do you think would sell them in Qld?? Any sort of tune shop?? Or holden dealer?? Also does doing this void the warranty??
 

naf33n

go
Joined
Feb 25, 2006
Messages
1,243
Reaction score
20
Points
38
Location
The Shire
Members Ride
Supercharged VU SS
holden will have them. and it wont void warrenty because its a holden part
 

sting ls2

New Member
Joined
May 20, 2005
Messages
227
Reaction score
3
Points
0
Age
49
Location
melbourne
Members Ride
Vz Clubsport ls2 A4
naf33n said:
holden will have them. and it wont void warrenty because its a holden part
This is true went to get my car valueated and when one the dealers' drove my car said it seems more responsive than a lot of other sv6s',i said it has a hsv airbox,no problems with that.
 

brownie82

New Member
Joined
Apr 17, 2006
Messages
132
Reaction score
2
Points
0
Location
Gladstone
Members Ride
VE SV6 Ute SIDI M6 Karma Blue
Oh ok cool, now is it a HSV part or are they on all the V8's?? eg. SS Calais etc etc? Cos went to Zupps Holden and asked for a Hsv intake and the guy said "Is it for a HSV" i said no and he reckons i you need a HSV build number before they can order HSV parts. So i asked if they are on the SS (intake with extra hole/s) he reckons nah. Its just me but he didnt convince me lol, i know i should beleive them cos they "know what there talking bout" but some of the other threads would lead me and others to beleive otherwise. But above all i know i can trust you guys on here to give honest unbiased opinions. So thanx to all!!
 

VTSS350

Blown VT LS1 450rwhp
Joined
Oct 30, 2005
Messages
427
Reaction score
3
Points
0
Age
44
Members Ride
VTLS1
Why are you wasting your time and money trying to buy the bottom of the air box with a second hole in it.

Spend $5 at your local bunnings or hardware store and do it your self. It is very very easy.
 

naf33n

go
Joined
Feb 25, 2006
Messages
1,243
Reaction score
20
Points
38
Location
The Shire
Members Ride
Supercharged VU SS
monaro's had them and maybe the 6l SS's
 

vxexec350

Member
Joined
Oct 21, 2003
Messages
70
Reaction score
3
Points
8
Location
Adelaide Northern Suburbs
Members Ride
VZ SS Thunder/VX Exec LS1/VN Berlina 5.0
brownie82 said:
Oh ok cool, now is it a HSV part or are they on all the V8's?? eg. SS Calais etc etc? Cos went to Zupps Holden and asked for a Hsv intake and the guy said "Is it for a HSV" i said no and he reckons i you need a HSV build number before they can order HSV parts. So i asked if they are on the SS (intake with extra hole/s) he reckons nah. Its just me but he didnt convince me lol, i know i should beleive them cos they "know what there talking bout" but some of the other threads would lead me and others to beleive otherwise. But above all i know i can trust you guys on here to give honest unbiased opinions. So thanx to all!!
Nah he's right, my VZ SS did not have one like that. I put in the second hole myself. Interestingly a VX SS intake box has 2 holes.:whistling
 
Top