Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

HSV LSA Owners - Spare Parts

BlackVXGTS

Reaction score
Members Ride
GEN-F2 GTS A6, VS Clubsport 185 A4
In the past, with my VS Calais v8, VS Clubsport, VX GTS, I've always kept spare radiator hoses and drive belts in my cars, in the event of breakdowns. Most recently, I had my VX GTS for 15 years and never had to replace any hose or belt. I've now had my Gen-F2 GTS for almost seven years (only 48k kms thanks to COVID), and the belts etc. don't look worn at all (I understand that hoses deteriorate from the inside rather than the outside). I wonder, based on other owners' experiences, whether it would be worthwhile investing in such spares, or whether it would be a waste of money (I still have the hoses/belts from my VX GTS in my shed). I would welcome any (relevant) feedback.

NJD-1992

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF-S2 SV6 Commodore
From the perspective of mechanical parts, especially ones that wear out, I wouldn't worry so much about. There should be a pretty good supply of these into the future, and with the LSA's still being around in the US, that also is another avenue of parts

Anything unique though such as interior trim will be harder to come by, but bumpers should still be out there. In the end there is still alot of Holdens on the road. I feel for the Chevy SS guys in the states, as parts are becoming exceedingly rare there or discontinued completely. The thing I hate, is the pure extortion that is going on with alot of trim such as wheels, black out trim etc. The prices are going insane

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
In the past 20 years (give or take) with my VC's I have only replaced a bottom radiator hose because someone liked my radiator with hose attached more than me....

I've replaced 1 fan belt after 10ish years because it looked a little dodgy...Not because it broke...It has a V-belt and the lugs that sit in the pulley started break free....So rather than risk it, I replaced it...

Leave you decide what you think of this

07GTS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VEGTS BUILT BLOWN E85
LSA is a bit different as it has its own blower belt but on mine i carry a belt encase it brakes so i can still drive it for water pump and alternator, LSA still has accessories working if blower belt brakes so i prob just keep one of those main belts and tools to do most simple work if i had to roadside, if u carry radiator hoses then u have to carry coolant and thats all too much for me i keep to the simple stuff if anything worse happens just get it towed or a mate with trailer

BlackVXGTS

Reaction score
Members Ride
GEN-F2 GTS A6, VS Clubsport 185 A4
Thanks 07GTS, decided to take your advice and just purchase the blower belt as a spare (20% off at Supercheap!!).

red_vxr

Reaction score
Members Ride
(don't have a commodore lel)
I reckon it'll be fine, if there's demand Holden will keep supplying parts. Only time will tell though.