Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

HSV Pod gauges

breast69au

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Executive
i have just installed my Binnicle into the car. i bought it second hand with two autometer gauges in them, but i dont like the look ofthe way they light up. i want a set of gauges that have a white face and when lit up they light up white, so it matches my instrument cluster.

So my question is wot brand of gauges have ppl installed into there car, and how do they light up. Any pictures would be great!?!?!?!

Lumps of cheese

welcome to the machine
Reaction score
Members Ride
83 vh sle, 4x4 hilux, 03 monaro, 07 nightrain
I used stewart warner gauges in mine, just click on my link at the bottom to check them out.
I used them because they light up green to match my dash.

breast69au

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Executive
they look good cause they match your instrument cluster

cosmo94

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS Ute
I had VY HSV genuine gauges installed, they have the white face and light up a very bright white at night and they have the faint HSV water mark in them. The only down side is that the red needles are not lit they rely on the actual face to lite them and they are very dull at night. I am very happy but as they keep the model more genuine to the VY specs.

Attachments

• cbcbearings2006 022.jpg
    cbcbearings2006 022.jpg
    398.4 KB · Views: 3,021

ris00

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Series 2 SS
how hard is it to install them? Did you do it yourself? If so can you give me a brief guide?? cheers

Lumps of cheese

welcome to the machine
Reaction score
Members Ride
83 vh sle, 4x4 hilux, 03 monaro, 07 nightrain
how hard is it to install them? Did you do it yourself? If so can you give me a brief guide?? cheers

Depends on what your using, if you want a breif rundown on how i did mine(aftermarket) pm me and i'll send you the basic instructions:thumbsup:

breast69au

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Executive
I had VY HSV genuine gauges installed, they have the white face and light up a very bright white at night and they have the faint HSV water mark in them. The only down side is that the red needles are not lit they rely on the actual face to lite them and they are very dull at night. I am very happy but as they keep the model more genuine to the VY specs.

so does it light up like the cluster, where the numbers are illmuniated or do the whole face light up???

Its not hard to install them i did them myself with the oil pressure its just a matter of running the wire and attaching the oil pressure sender to the car not hard just fiddly. as for a brief guide the instructions tell you how to do it

I have been looking in at autobarn, and they have smoked faced ones that when they arent in use they are completely black and when the ignition is turned on the dials and needles light up. What do you guys think of that???

Rocky1

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY ACCLAIM V6
Just a note: VDO make the gauges for Holden/HSV and are available after market. Google out their au site; they look the same as HSV . If I remember correctly they called them The Platinum range and available in face colours.:D

XXFR

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY, S supercharged 2003
Yeah i looked at those but just wondered how long they would last.
Have you got some pics of yours? Be good to see some.

i have a couple of those smoke gauges(AutoMeter) on my other car and they look brilliant and work very well too. have had them for over an year now and no hassles at all. i am thinking of doing a custom pod, somewhat like the VZ pod, and install the smoke gauges on my VY.

will post some pics once i have the gauges in place. does anyone know where i can source out the AutoMeter gauges from? any help would be much appreciated.

I just love the binnicle pods.:thumbsup: