Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

HSV Skirts on Omega

klavins

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE International Wagon MY09.5
Would HSV side skirts fit on an Omega wagon? I want to keep the stock rear and front bumper but wanted to change the skirts to give it a lower appearance.
Opinions?

Capsule

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY09 VE Omega
Yeah, I think some nice rims, lowered and a proper grille is enough on an Omega to make it look good. If I had to change something else on mine, it would be the front bar, but I would go for the Calais one, not an SV6/SSV. I like the wide lower plastic insert with no skirt.

klavins

Reaction score
Members Ride
Hahah ok ok, I won't do it XD
I thought the Senator skirts were similar to the omega ones just a bit wider? Already made a custom front grille and have FE2 shocks and lowered Aurora springs. Haven't put the new suspension on yet. Also trying to find some rims, possibly BBS LM reps.

commodore665

expat Saffa
Reaction score
Members Ride
2005 SV6 & Alfa Romeo 156 V6
Hahah ok ok, I won't do it XD
I thought the Senator skirts were similar to the omega ones just a bit wider? Already made a custom front grille and have FE2 shocks and lowered Aurora springs. Haven't put the new suspension on yet. Also trying to find some rims, possibly BBS LM reps.

there is a dealership in NZ called Auto66 who do the worst things possible to basic Commodores , by making them look like bat mobiles , I'll try to locate some pictures to show you what I mean , but picture if you will , an Omega wagon , dressed up to look like a Chrysler 300C SRT wagon , it just looks wrong .

davey g-force

I'm a sceptic...
Reaction score
Members Ride
02 RX7 S8 Spirit R 13B TT & 2013 Audi A3 1.8T DSG7
I've seen pics of an Omega with the side skirts, but no matching front or rear bar. It looked terrible! :spew:

Don't do it.

The SS/SV6 kit is a good idea...

klavins

Reaction score
Members Ride
there is a dealership in NZ called Auto66 who do the worst things possible to basic Commodores , by making them look like bat mobiles , I'll try to locate some pictures to show you what I mean , but picture if you will , an Omega wagon , dressed up to look like a Chrysler 300C SRT wagon , it just looks wrong .

Yup I've seen them and they look ridiculous XD
I'll just leave it with the stock body. I did have an SS body kit but ended up selling it. Mostly because I needed money for wheels and parts. Also looking like an Omega means it won't draw as much attention since I've got a quad tip exhaust and going to put in an OTR intake.

klavins

Reaction score
Members Ride
Now I think about it it would look stupid putting HSV skirts on... I bought some HSV Clubby wheels a while back then sold them coz I figured they'd probably look a tad silly on an omega