Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

HSV Stock headers vs SS Stock Headers

darryl1

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS Series 2 with L77
they there fellas.
quick question.

I have an SSV with a Varex Cat Back system.
however i was wondering, if i change the headers and cat...with a STANDARD HSV header and Cat, with it make the car louder ?

cheers

Heya mate, did you end up getting the factory HSV headers fitted and if so how much difference did it make to power and sound?

vr304

Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 ssv manual
Done this to my ss with de cat pipes although (I’m in NZ) definitely worth it if you can get them cheap it’s a good little upgrade

darryl1

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS Series 2 with L77
Done this to my ss with de cat pipes although (I’m in NZ) definitely worth it if you can get them cheap it’s a good little upgrade
Thnx for that mate, im in NZ as well so am planning on taking my cats out too.. What differences did you notice? How much extra HP/KW, economy, sound etc ? i paid $228 for them of which $48 was courier. Have attached pic of them, same as yours?

Attachments

• vf headers.jpg
    vf headers.jpg
    123 KB · Views: 216

vr304

Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 ssv manual
Yea same as mine definitely tougher and deeper sound as for hp gains I don’t know as it was dyno tuned prior to having them fitted but does give better throttle response and a bit more power u will have to get the rear o2 sensors turned off in the tune if your not running cats mate

vr304

Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 ssv manual
If you don’t have the cats you will have to get some pipes made up mate so just factor that in as well

Paul400

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ve ss 6.0 2009
I changed my SS manifold for hsv headers and cats .the sound was more tinny from the front hearing the exhaust flow through the thinner pipes which I like , performance wise it did go better but not alot.id recommend 4into 1 extractors would probably get more midrange and top end and sound then the hsv's.exactly if you get it cheap there better then stock SS but not a massive sound difference.depends on the cat back system you run too.

glennho

Reaction score
Members Ride
2006 VE SS -1977 HX Premier,2012 Hilux 4x4
If you put hi flow cats on with the HSV try-y it will be louder. the HSV cats are the same as SS cats only the entry/ inlet is different.