Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

HSV suspension mounting difference?

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore Motorsport Edition

The car is built in Adelaide. Then it’s shipped to Melbourne in a roadworthy condition where some parts are removed (and sent back to Adelaide to be reused). It’s those removed parts which are replaced by HSV specific parts… It’s just like many quality car modded would do…

(and I’m sure in some cases HSV specific parts can be Holden parts with a sticker over it to justify a premium)

Really, HSV = Holden but with a higher price … (ducks and runs for the door) :p:p:p

Last edited:

LJW-SVZ

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SVZ ute 6spd
Rubbish, they're idiots!!
I did think it was a bit on the dubious side, but this is the word straight from the horse’s mouth, their words not mine

Didn’t stop me from getting the “HSV” ones though, purely because they were in stock and the difference (if any) is so minor that it won’t make a blind bit of difference to me.

Not even a full guarantee that I’ll be using the BC rears. Scored a set of H&R rears for dirt cheap and if they’re not blown out I’ll probably use them instead

Attachments

• IMG_0189.png
    IMG_0189.png
    460.4 KB · Views: 78

RevNev

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II SSV Redline Ute
I did think it was a bit on the dubious side, but this is the word straight from the horse’s mouth, their words not mine

Didn’t stop me from getting the “HSV” ones though, purely because they were in stock and the difference (if any) is so minor that it won’t make a blind bit of difference to me.

Not even a full guarantee that I’ll be using the BC rears. Scored a set of H&R rears for dirt cheap and if they’re not blown out I’ll probably use them instead
The lower shock and outer control arm bolts are the same diameter probably 12mm and the shock bolt is the longer of the two. Series 1 & 2 Clubsport, Maloo and Series 1 GTS with MRC shocks don't have larger diameter bolts. GTSR W1 with Supashocks might have a larger diameter bolt but across the board HSV certainly don't.

Smitty

Reaction score
Members Ride
GenF SV340 R8 Tourer, VK race car, ZX12R
I heard back from BC finally, and the only difference between the two sets of coils is the lower rear mount hole is a slightly different size between both sets. The regular one is 12.7mm, the hsv one is 14.7mm. That’s it, that’s all the difference. Apparently

pardon .. what???
having replaced ALL the bolts over time in the rear suspension on the Tourer (as I changed springs shocks bushes etc)
with genuine Holden replacements I call BS

20220109_142642 _s.jpg

the last change being new HD springs and KONI adjustables for the rear (with new and used bolts on the floor in the background)

btw .. what/where is the lower rear mount hole? the one on one of the arms or the one on the hub?

RichLong1991

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE E3 Maloo
There's no difference between Holden and HSV strut and shock mounts, they're exactly the same OEM Holden.

Given this BC mob don't differentiate between wagon necessity for stiffer rear springs, they don't differentiate between Redline's retaining large diameter sway bars and they're wrongly implying HSV mounts are different, they obviously haven't put much R&D into VF Commodore requirements beyond adjustable spring platforms for variable ride heights.

Unless someone's tracking their car or specifically wants the sharpest handling that'll be rough riding on the street, I try to steer them off racing coil overs as much as the novelty of adjustable ride heights is a good thing. Kings and Monroes will give you any ride heights you like, and they perform extremely well with good bang for your buck on a road car setup.
Is this the same case for the VE Maloo? I’m after some rear strut shock mounts to get mine back on coilovers. Currently on air but not a fan

RevNev

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II SSV Redline Ute
Is this the same case for the VE Maloo? I’m after some rear strut shock mounts to get mine back on coilovers. Currently on air but not a fan
Yes, there's no rear shock mounting differences in VE/VF utes that I'm aware of.