Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

HSV V6 Specs

R

ronette

About 6 years ago I saw a VP HSV V6 (check the compliance plate and was original)at a car yard and never seen or heard of a HSV V6 since.
The only visable difference was headers (and I think) twin piping, half leather/ half velour seats, simple body kit and mags and of course badges.
Basicly what else did Holden do to the motor and the car and did HSV make any other models in a V6?

VT-565

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT
i think the early hsv v6's were relatively untouched motor wise, save for exhaust and ecu tickle i think. as for other models, there are a few unheard of hsv's, they even did a jackeroo would you believe, but the only serious hsv 6's were the xu-6's which began with the vt's and had the supercharged v6....they didnt last long, being discontinued along with the end of the vx....

aokman

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Calais Super6
You sure it wasn't a VN HSV+6? The only VP model i know of is VP formula which was 125kW

They did more than a few mods but stayed away from the engine on mine they added

FE2 suspension
LSD
Bigger front/rear rotors
interior/seating
rear wing
Momo wheel
Central Locking
Power Windows
ECU tune to 132kW

R

ronette

I'm 100% sure it was a VP. I actually tried to swap it with my car (had then a 94 Bluebird Ti) but they said they will owe me money, but I didnt care - But thats another story. Cheers guys, but any more info will be apprecated becouse I cant find any thing doing my own homework, xcept for that HSV Jackeroo and I think I saw a Astra or something in a 4cyl

Ash81x

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Calais
i would have said VP formula too, my mate used to have one of those, it had hsv badges and all the stuff.

Was just a stocko v6 auto though with a kit (lower extensions on the bars and lip thing on the bootlid) nice interior and ugly wheels...

Ash81x

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Calais
was an exact twin of this one

Attachments

• 1zwforfp.jpg
    1zwforfp.jpg
    35.4 KB · Views: 2,702