Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

hsv vr?

moss

Reaction score
Members Ride
vz sv6 ute
jst sold my vr which was a beast of a car v6 tho never let me down in 3 yrs, then gearbox blew sold 4 $300, jst wondering if i sold a rare? had hsv badges, hsv sticker in the glovebox hsv rims, was a blue 94 vr auto, had a lsd diff, vs rear brakes, was this potentially a v8 hsv b4 i hav no idea

someguy360

Reaction score
Members Ride
Various
Someone would have to be pretty stupid to convert a V8 to a V6, and an HSV at that so I doubt it.

I'm guessing someone just put all the HSV bits on a V6........either way, no V6 will ever be rare.

mossy14

Reaction score
Members Ride
vr commodore 3.8
Well the car has done over a million kms, so the v8 was deffs gone a long time ago mayb he had a 6 sitting ther idk was a beefy 6 tho not stock,, and mayb som1 took the kit off? Sold or swap it, l but yer its gone now

mossy14

Reaction score
Members Ride
vr commodore 3.8
Dash badge said executive but didnt have any exe badges, i figure replaced glove box lid

ducker85

Reaction score
Members Ride
09 VE clubbie R8
Well the car has done over a million kms, so the v8 was deffs gone a long time ago mayb he had a 6 sitting ther idk was a beefy 6 tho not stock,, and mayb som1 took the kit off? Sold or swap it, l but yer its gone now

That just doesn't happen. To convert a V8 to a V6 is enough hassle and cost that no one doesn't it. It's cheaper to fit a new V8 then convert. You need another motor, trans, cross members for both, new computer, etc etc. I think you even need to change the cluster too!! BTW did it have a HSV dash cluster? HSV build tag in the engine bay???

Or added HSV badges...

Hangmans right dude a previous owner just added HSV badges n wheels. That all