Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

HSV VS Grange (Build No 70)

Verynice

Band
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Caprice 5L
lol @ calais spec

STEALTHY™

So Wet For You!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Calais International, FPV, Audi
Well that built plate settles it (forgive my doubting you, but when you say you have a Calais Grange, i have to assume everything you post is utter bullshit)

Also there is no need to spam this thread with YOUR pics, politely ask him to change the thread title, and start your own thread.

walesy

Aint no family cruiser!!!
Reaction score
Members Ride
Cherry Black WH II Caprice, VS exec wagon
he sold this car ages ago anyway... hes never on here but hes on my facebook, ill let him know to check the thread and sort out whatever issues there is here

pedrotski

Big Stato!!
Reaction score
Website
www.whitcroftit.com.au
Members Ride
95 & 96 VS 5L Statos
Hi roostahsv,

There may be some confusion that you are experiencing due to your sheer lack of knowledge with the HSV Statesman/Grange badge, Or holden in general. The car in question in infact a HSV and there is no doubt about that. I had the original books with the car and the build certificate with it (something you should really keep when you own a hsv), Not to mention every piece of the body kit is stamped with HSV. In response to the question about the rear garnish and indicators etc, Take a look at all the photos and you will notice they always change. This is because things on cars that are driven quite frequently are subject to damage; be it weather, daily driving or just the occasional jealous person. That exact rear garnish came off a VS Supercharged Caprice because it was simply in better condition than the one i had on there. And the deal with the badge, As you may know being such a HSV enthusiast is extremely rare and hard to get so i was having trouble finding a replacement for the old one.

Your car (if you didnt know what car you have) is part of the 2nd run of the Grange. My old car is the original series 1 (If you even bothered to read my first post you would notice it says series 1) version that was built from factory as the HSV Statesman Grange. Not to be confused with the HSV Enhanced Statesmans. There was an extremely limited run of this model with only 47 made with the 185i engine and 35 made with the 215i engine (The car in question) as opposed to the later series 2/3 versions with over 100 of each. Mind you the later ones do have the poor woodgrain interior so they arnt exactly as nice imo.

If you don't believe me about people referring to these models as granges then i suggest you take a look at other people selling them, For example this thread sparked my interest in the car and i was going to buy this exact one - http://forums.justcommodores.com.au...93-1997/99819-how-much-5-7-hsv-vs-grange.html

There are countless car sales and threads on them.

Also in regards to your question asking if i still have the original rims. Well i do, but since you made such an ass out of yourself i think i might just hold onto them or sell them to someone else after original senator/grange rims just so its harder for you to get a hold of them. You could have just asked the question and not made your self look like a total f-wit.

Feel free to PM me if you have any further questions that i can address.

- Michael

edit: If you would like the VIN number then go and see the new owner.

edit again: Even HSV dub this car as the grange. Go have a look - http://www.hsv.com.au/hsv/showroom/classicsInfo.aspx?PageID=Performance&Series=VS&Model=grange

Last edited:

roostahsv

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS HSV GRANGE 070
So set me straight cos I'm no commodore enthusist I just have 1... Theirs 2 HSV build no 70 granges?

roostahsv

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS HSV GRANGE 070
I only got my back up cos of ur earlier piks it dosnt have anything the granges iv seen or reed about have and just going on what 1 of the lads (owns his from new and Holden dealer at the time)... Am very interested to catch up n have a look at this car but...

pedrotski

Big Stato!!
Reaction score
Website
www.whitcroftit.com.au
Members Ride
95 & 96 VS 5L Statos
I only got my back up cos of ur earlier piks it dosnt have anything the granges iv seen or reed about have and just going on what 1 of the lads (owns his from new and Holden dealer at the time)... Am very interested to catch up n have a look at this car but...

In simple terms, You have the series 2 or 3 grange. Not the series 1. This is an original series 1 with the Senator interior/seats etc, Not fake woodgrain. Like Daniel posted above, I sold the car a while ago and from what i hear you have already met the new owner.