Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

HSV VY senator SRS/ABS fault lights up.

hudo84

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vy senator
Hello sorry if this isn't the place but i can not find a specific HSV forum to try and get a little help. I have a vy senator that is having electrical issues. The ABS and airbag fault lights are coming up when i turn the ignition on. Had it in the shop for weeks and they couldn't fix it saying that they were having trouble communicating with the cars computer so i couldn't get any codes or anything from them. Have it back now and they come every time but after i run the car for 30 minutes or so sometimes the faults will clear themselves as both went off together all of a sudden. But the next day they came back again when i started it up. Some of my sparky mates tell me it could be a bad earth connection causing this but i have not found anything yet and surely that would of been found while it was in a holden shop getting looked at. I need to get this issue sorted before i sell it but no auto sparkys in my area would touch it or have a look at it. Thanks

lout

Reaction score
Members Ride
VXii Executive V6 , VYii Adventra LS1
try unplugging the electrical connector to the abs unit as this may be causing your issues
vy are a unique car when it comes to scan tools
there are not many that can work
which brings up location, australia seemed like a good idea
but no one can offer to help if they dont know where you live

Reactions: Lex

hudo84

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vy senator
try unplugging the electrical connector to the abs unit as this may be causing your issues
vy are a unique car when it comes to scan tools
there are not many that can work
which brings up location, australia seemed like a good idea
but no one can offer to help if they dont know where you live
Thanks i have changed it haha woops. Yeah it was an old holden dealership in perth that i took it too.

BlackVXGTS

Reaction score
Members Ride
GEN-F2 GTS A6, VS Clubsport 185 A4
....... vy are a unique car when it comes to scan tools
What makes you say that? My understanding is that the VY V8 just uses the normal Holden Tech2 (or equivalent) scan tool which supports VT-VZ and VE.

lout

Reaction score
Members Ride
VXii Executive V6 , VYii Adventra LS1
What makes you say that? My understanding is that the VY V8 just uses the normal Holden Tech2 (or equivalent) scan tool which supports VT-VZ and VE.
thats the thing
only us hobbyists have tech 2