Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Hsv W427

HSV Adz

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Commodore 93
Does anybody else here absolutely drool over the HSV W427. I heard recently that they decreased the amount they are making of this model from 427 to 200. 7.0L V8 - It has the SL7 engine (corvette). The apparent price is between $140,000-$170,000....anybody getting one? haha. It looks so bad ass

HSV_01_m_m.jpg

f1tzy

Reaction score
Members Ride
FG XR6T Ute manual
Nope looks too similar to the clubsports and its over priced for what is essentially a driveline upgrade. Id just buy a regular clubby and spend a little more on mods and beat this

DUK13Y

When in doubt, slide it out
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Members Ride
VEII SSV, VYII Berlina, '97 Lancer
Buying a car like this isn't really buying the car as such. It's buying the name that comes with it. Like buying a BMW or Merc. They aren't super great nor worth their price but have a good name.

I reckon the W427 looks the goods though:thumbsup:

dufus

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
rickshaw
Like buying a BMW or Merc. They aren't super great nor worth their price but have a good name.

What would you define as super great then? Not a Holden I hope.

DUK13Y

When in doubt, slide it out
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Members Ride
VEII SSV, VYII Berlina, '97 Lancer
What would you define as super great then?

Some of the higher bmw's are good but I was mainly referring to the standard 3 series types. I know, not in the same league blah blah but this car for example:
Brand New BMW 320i Cars In Stock - carsales.com.au
is just a pretty basic bmw yet still costs close to $60k.

You can get cars made from other manufacturers that have close to or just as many features as the bmw for a lower price.

Cobez

LS-EXUAL
Reaction score
Members Ride
2004 S2 VY SS Ute
- It has the SL7 engine (corvette). The apparent price is between $140,000-$170,000....anybody getting one? haha. It looks so bad ass

Don't you mean LS7? You ask like everyone is going out to buy one lol. Aren't they only making a few?

minux

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 SSV Redline
Why would you spend so much money on this dressed up VE exec when you can buy the state of the art R35 GTR that slaughters it in every possible aspect for the same price?

Emackulation

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
'92 HSV VP GTS
Why would you spend so much money on this dressed up VE exec when you can buy the state of the art R35 GTR that slaughters it in every possible aspect for the same price?
Because Skyline's aren't HSV's.

HRT 666

Cammed 8t-body stroker
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX R8 Clubby S2 M6

Because they only make a handful of these cars and think what it will be worth in 10-15-20 years time Thats why! Damn horn to boot!