Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Hsv W427

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
the W427 is hughly overpriced because of your luxury car tax. without it i've heard it wouldn't be much more then a 100k car.

not long ago murph tested a pre-production model that didn't have the limiter fitted and if i remember the text correctly it was still pulling when doing 270km/h with 2 passengers. not bad when you consider the weight of the car (heavier then the R8 clubsport) the W427 is still the fastest production model that has ever left the HSV factory. the fact is the W427 had to be built to meet certification rules, the exact same set of rules, and the reason the HSV427 never went into production. Holden/GM have decided to stay with the big cube push rod engine (for better or worse), ford went with the fancy multi-valve DOHC V8 engine and look how well that is doing, i'd take the XR6 Turbo over a XR8 any day. yeah the VE isn't as well built/refined as some of the top European brands but it's still not a bad car

blah, blah nissan GT-R, it got beaten round the "ring" by the ZR1 corvette, a American car that "supposidly" can't corner very well. not only that, but everytime you wanna do something to it you need to take it back to a "lisenced" nissan dealer who is equiped with the correct gear to service the car because nissan have locked the ecu and want to control every aspect of every car out in the market. i'll take the ZR1 thanks.

it's a shame that you won't see many W427's been driven like they should be

svsex

big blue
Reaction score
Members Ride
190 sv6
its unique and no matter how much u spend on a clubby, it wont be no w427, and also u can have the bragging rights of having the fastest aus car and wipe the dirty smiles of a f6 drivers

Johnsy

★★★★★
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SS Wagon & VF SV6 Ute
PRODUCTION Sure they look a bit better than standard commodores, but at the end of the day, they are nothing more than a commodore with a bit of fashion design.

Also... they are more than a commodore with a bit of fashion design... show me a VE with a LS3 that's not a HSV .....
the VE SS and HSV are alot more different than the VT/VX/VY.......