Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Huntsmans in car

Brenah

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Exec Wagon
Me and a mate were having a laugh about the same BIG bastards (huntsman) the other day.
Back 5 years ago i had my purple VS commy, me and my mate were heading to the beach on a friday arvo. It was stinking hot and my A/C was shot so the windows were down. Just leaving the petrol station when my mate freaks out big time, trying to undo his seat belt, nearly jumping into my lap. Im like what the f#$k dude what the f#$k, i pull over. By this time i could see the prob. There was 1000's and im mean 1000's of spiders (babies) coming out from behind the left side vision mirror. It was crazy, because my mate had pretty much jumped into the back by this time, some of the spiders were starting to come across my dash. I started just smashing them with my towel and trying to flick them back out the window so i could wind the window up and keep them out. Got the window up and headed straight for the supermarket for some fly spray, mates still in the back seat freaken... Sprayed the shite out of the mirror and BANG out squeezes a huntsman from behind the mirror, scared the bejesus out of me. He hits the ground and so did my foot. Flatted that sucker.

Brenah

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Exec Wagon
I found this big hairy bastard at work one morning. I figured he must be tough cos he only has 7 legs.

76f69af5.jpg

That spider has a smiley face on his abdomen lol

iChris

Reaction score
Members Ride
WK Statesman LS1, VX Commodore
my statesman was sitting un-used in a garage for months before I bought it so as you can imagine it was infested with spiders.

put the car on the hoist at my brother's workshop and blew them all off the underside with pressurised air. redbacks, huntsmans and various other spiders everywhere. I still get cobwebs all around the front bumper and mirrors.

I find that blasting behind the mirrors with bugspray and then spraying a hose behind them gets the spiders out from behind the mirrors. no troubles there since.

I've still got to get them all out from the bumper. I've only seen a couple inside the car, as I keep the climate control set to re-cerculate so the outside vents are closed.

UW1SH

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR 5speed With ecotec conversion
This thread has gone from telling someone how to get rid of the spider to everyone telling eachother they had spiders in there cars etc haha good thread.. :spot on:

showbags

SENIOR EL'BAGO
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Calais, BMW 135 m sport
Like I said earlier. Only one solution.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    70.4 KB · Views: 134

Wombles

Cars cost too much.
Reaction score
Members Ride
'72 LJ Torana, '95 VS Acclaim and V8 wagon
Amusing thread. Had a moment when the missus jumped into my lap while driving when one of these suckers crawled accross my car. On the outside. Could only laugh..

ben315vz

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
'05 Holden VZ Calais V8
A few weeks ago I had a massive huntsman run across the windscreen on my VS after I left the car sitting for a couple of weeks. Took the car up the road and next thing a huntsman comes running up the windscreen, I hit the brakes (then realising that it was on the outside), then it ran back into the engine bay..... Never seen it since, I always wonder whether it is still there or not. But while I was still driving (same day), I seen its legs sticking out about halfway down between the bonnet and R/H/F guard, hopefully it fell out onto the road.

UW1SH

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR 5speed With ecotec conversion
A few weeks ago I had a massive huntsman run across the windscreen on my VS after I left the car sitting for a couple of weeks. Took the car up the road and next thing a huntsman comes running up the windscreen, I hit the brakes (then realising that it was on the outside), then it ran back into the engine bay..... Never seen it since, I always wonder whether it is still there or not. But while I was still driving (same day), I seen its legs sticking out about halfway down between the bonnet and R/H/F guard, hopefully it fell out onto the road.

Or fell on the exhaust and burnt… Did you ever smell a weird smell for a few second while driving??? hahaha