Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

HURRICANE VS PACEMAKER VS GENIE your thoughts?

VZ Lumina 3.6L

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vz lumina
Im trying to build the best exhaust system for an sv6 series 2 my11 wagon, i have no idea what the difference is between all three headers, can someone please inform me? and will the choice of headers be affecting how good the rest of my system is. cheers

Blackened

Reaction score
Members Ride
Series II VE SS
Im trying to build the best exhaust system for an sv6 series 2 my11 wagon, i have no idea what the difference is between all three headers, can someone please inform me? and will the choice of headers be affecting how good the rest of my system is. cheers

My mate just put straight pipes off ebay on the back sounds mean as hell and the stock system is already 2 and 1/4 so really it's perfect for the 6. I'd chuck some straight pipes to get some sound then get a CAI or otr for it.

Wheatley098

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore VE SSV Ute
My mate just put straight pipes off ebay on the back sounds mean as hell and the stock system is already 2 and 1/4 so really it's perfect for the 6. I'd chuck some straight pipes to get some sound then get a CAI or otr for it.

I have the hurricane mufflers and they sound so good!

Blackened

Reaction score
Members Ride
Series II VE SS
honestly mate you dot even need mufflers without them it isnt overly loud

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reaction score
Members Ride
2013 Vf SV6 Jungle Fever
I just put a pair of Hurricane sports rear mufflers on the V8 Caprice and now get a nice deep note without being overly loud. Very pleased.

Not_An_Abba_Fan

Exhaust Guru
Reaction score
Members Ride
Strange Rover
On a daily, no difference apart from name and price. I wouldn't get too hung up on brands or designs for a street car, the difference will not be noticed.