Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

/// Hustler - Merlin Sabre 202ci

Sabbath'

Redblock Jesus
Reaction score
Members Ride
80 Series// VFII Black Edition
Started cleaning up the stainless plates that the cav plate and rudder attach to

Before
IMG_1636.jpg

During
IMG_1640.jpg

After
IMG_1638.jpg

Also gave the rudder support a bit of a cleanup aswell:

Unpolished:
IMG_1641.jpg

Polished:
IMG_1644.jpg

Also bought some bigger washers for the transom brackets. Original size shown. Will take some of the stress out of it when towing a tube.
IMG_1631.jpg

NFNSUS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VH SL/x - VS BT1
Every time I see this thread pop up I always tend to think "202ci Camaro? What has Sab got himself into now."

Maybe I'm just lazy reader..

Sabbath'

Redblock Jesus
Reaction score
Members Ride
More cleaning of deck hardware tonight:

Before
IMG_1650.jpg

After
IMG_1651.jpg

Log seals needed replacement so figured i'd procrastinate and do it tonight.

First i had to remove the prop shaft grub screw and pull the shaft out enough to get the log out.
IMG_1652.jpg

IMG_1653.jpg

And this is why it's been leaking water.

IMG_1654.jpg

IMG_1655.jpg

IMG_1657.jpg

IMG_1658.jpg

Shouldnt cost anymore than about $30 to fix the problem. So happytimes.

Also bought an amp today from work for the soundsystem....which im also yet to install.

Leigh_G

..forgot the sump bolt
Reaction score
Members Ride
'81 VH SLX, '08 Prado Grande
Having trouble finding a font pack for free, #### paying $26 to buy it. Shame.

LOL it's 26 bucks man! Just DOOOO IT! And get it done in hot pink vinyl. It will look horn! (or horny?)
That 202 would match up nicely with that hull size, would pull hard and turn on a dime! People under-estimate how well those engines can go. Looks and sounds like a solid little motor as well, I bet that idle sounds even better when it's in the water :spot on:
I'm in the same boat (see what I did thar), picked up a fibreglass Skicraft clinker back in Jan this year. This thread has made me start my own one now, hahah!
Also, the speed in which you are getting through things is making me feel so slow :) I've been at mine for 9 months now and I'm starting to worry I'm gonna miss out on this summer..
Get some more HD vids up of it, maybe one from the shore as it takes off!

Edit: by the way, check out http://aussieskiboats.blogspot.com.au/ if you want some more inspiration, there's some killer boats on there

Sabbath'

Redblock Jesus
Reaction score
Members Ride
LOL it's 26 bucks man! Just DOOOO IT! And get it done in hot pink vinyl. It will look horn! (or horny?)
That 202 would match up nicely with that hull size, would pull hard and turn on a dime! People under-estimate how well those engines can go. Looks and sounds like a solid little motor as well, I bet that idle sounds even better when it's in the water :spot on:
I'm in the same boat (see what I did thar), picked up a fibreglass Skicraft clinker back in Jan this year. This thread has made me start my own one now, hahah!
Also, the speed in which you are getting through things is making me feel so slow :) I've been at mine for 9 months now and I'm starting to worry I'm gonna miss out on this summer..
Get some more HD vids up of it, maybe one from the shore as it takes off!

Edit: by the way, check out AUSSIE SKIBOATS if you want some more inspiration, there's some killer boats on there

Hey Leigh, signage has already been ordered, and ordered in white...mainly just because i needed to get the rego numbers ordered aswell, and on the boat before this weekend coming. Also getting it done through a family friend so $26 is almost half of what it's costing me to get the stickers made :p Might get it redone mid season or ready for next season.

The 202 goes SO much better than i thought it would, it's alot torquier than Paradox's 105hp outboard and keeps pace with it for aslong as we were both sitting on WOT. Exhaust note is alot better than the old 2 stroke aswell. Going out this long weekend so will hand the camera to somebody on the shore, or in another boat for some more footage.

Just had a quick look at your build up, reason yours has taken 9 months and mine 1 is because im doing everything on the quick so i dont miss out on Summer.

Will definatly be keeping an eye on your thread, and check out that link aswell!

Sabbath'

Redblock Jesus
Reaction score
Members Ride
Got the new seals today. Cost me a whopping $10

IMG_1663.jpg

Old ones...can see why they were letting water past.

IMG_1664.jpg

Amp also turned up. Not bad for $50.

IMG_1662.jpg

The rub rail around the side is really badly pitted, even trying to polish it up didnt work. So i grabbed some "chrome" paint from work.

IMG_1665.jpg

IMG_1666.jpg

Sabbath'

Redblock Jesus
Reaction score
Members Ride
So....

Deck hardware is going back on...getting close now!

IMG_1667.jpg

IMG_1668.jpg

Also. Since i got the boat, i havent been totally 100% about the maker of the boat. The rego papers say that it is a "Camero" but i couldnt find a model that matched. So, with the help of the owner of the Blog that Leigh posted above i've got some information that the boat is actually a Merlin Sabre. He also provided some old pictures, the hulls are slightly different in these pictures, but i've found other boats with the exact same hull as mine

sabre1.jpg

sabre2.jpg

sabre3.jpg