Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Hybrid Engine

seventh path

Reaction score
Website
www.cardomain.com
Members Ride
VL RB30 Berlina
i assume that the 20 head would fit....i mean it's the same engine with a smaller bore.....although i don't see why you would when the 25/26 head would be a better choice

C

calaiscairns

you may be right, but, it is questions like that, that i'm trying to find the answer to. Unfortunately there aren't too many, if any, rb25det cars for sale/wrecking up here in cairns, let alone engines on their own. it would just be really nice to have an rb30 with a double overhead cam.

V

VLCalais+VXSS

the question u need to ask yourself is what kind of power are you after, and whats the power for (drift,drag, street driving etc) because your gonna b dippin into ur back pocket quite often with a 20/25/26 head, unless you got the money to spend, and you want big power, you'd b better off stickin with the SOHC head, its much more reliable when coupled with the RB30, and the RB20 will slot onto the RB30, but its not as effective as the 30 head, you'll lose power without lots of boost and a high reving engine, meaning you'll need stronger internals (again more money)

hope that helps,
p.s. some o the big guys are still makin huge power with the SOHC head, bresciani's i think hav got the OHC on the yellow beast o theirs... (running 9 seconds)

Bax

Projecting
Reaction score
Members Ride
Nothing
Yeah they're making huge power. But the 25 head on its own on an na makes up for a huge amount of increase right there. They flow heaps better. As for revving higher to get the power, with the 3 litre block with the 25 head you'd still have all that torque, power could be anywhere you wanted it with wahtever cam/ turbo setup you applied.