Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

I Bought A Rebirthed Vs! :-(

E

EX_FORD_BOY

When i meant rebirthed i didnt mean to imply that it still had stolen parts in it.
I shouldnt have used that term sorry. It originated as an executive shell and was redone with calais setup, minus the driving lights.
It has a stolen and recovered 5 litre engine.

zam

Reaction score
so if the pricks that did the rebuild swapped over the vin plate (highly illegal but still done) nobody would know it was rebuilt from a exect without doing a search through the tranport department on the reg number.

D

dumpd6

QUOTE (EX_FORD_BOY @ Apr 2 2004, 12:10 PM) When i meant rebirthed i didnt mean to imply that it still had stolen parts in it.
I shouldnt have used that term sorry. It originated as an executive shell and was redone with calais setup, minus the driving lights.
It has a stolen and recovered 5 litre engine.
well if thats the case id say thats a bonus you get all the luxury’s an looks of a calais with a near new ss 5.0 no one is gonna know what it is any way to the adverage joe its just a vs calais with a vt ss 5.0

Gobbles

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Acclaim Series II
yeah im with dumpd6...if thats how it is then id keep it as long as everything checks out mechanically though

S

Spike Percival

I think the only significant performance enhancing difference between VS 5.0L and VT1 5.0L is the VT1 gets roller rockers?

Could be wrong, but when I was looking at upgrading a while ago, this is what I was told.

E

EX_FORD_BOY

Yep i've been told the VT has the roller rockers and about 10kw more.