Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

I cant program a new BCM to VT Clubsport

Jxfwsf

Reaction score
Members Ride
commodore
Does sound more like a wiring issue or faulty bcm.
You don't need the code to program keys in a vt, 1 option requires it the other doesn't.
You could try throwing a v6 pcm in to rule out an issue there with linking, obviously won't run ver well but saves forking out $$ on a v8 pcm if it isn't the problem and you have spare.

gm1961

Reaction score
HI All

Can you provide more information on f the car, eg is it yours or a customers

Have you recently bought it as a non-runner

Did you or a customer own it , it worked but it just stopped running one day ???

Really need to sort out that it did run or you know the car as a non runner.

If it did run, then it is a fault or 2

If you seen it only as a non-runner, then it could be any thing, any number of owners or prior repairers may have changed things along the way , ie every part may work but be a mismatch, eg keys do not match BCM , PCM may be V6 not V8 etc etc

A bit of time is needed, and some detective work, can you look at the BCM and let us know what the BCM model number is, we can check it against the list , same with the PCM chip, failing that there is wiring harness, or even as simple as some one has put the key blades on wrong key head

Ok ,while stating the obvious reply with yes or no with the following

(i) assume all your keys lock and unlock the door and ignition just by physically turning / using the key blade
(ii) assume all your keys lock and unlock the car door using the build in remote
(iii) assume all your keys unlock the steering / ignition and the theft deterrent light stops flashing

The 3 will tell us they keys are right and matched to BCM , then advise the BCM model number and PCM chip model
When you plug in the tech2 , what info do you get , i have never used one, i have seen my mechanic with the scan tool,

some tech tool info please

(i) does it say anything like Commodore VT detected or anything
(ii) can you scroll through and see any errors
(iii) does it show at least the BCM 6 digit number ( which is the key code anyway )
(iv ) does it show any car info eg volts, engine temp ???
(v) does it show the factory radio pin number ???

If you can place the key in ignition and press either mode and arrow up or arrow down, use the mode to scroll through info, if this works at least some info is getting out from the BCM to the dash , if you get nothing , then assume the wiring is no good or the BCM is fried or not connected , has the car been in a accident, under water or have some rust around the BCM or earth points

A auto electrician will check these items as part of his job

regards
george