Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

I Got my System in FINALLY !!!

A

Aussie_Watto

About 4 and half months ago I forked out $300 to one of our sales reps at work for his sound system from his car because he upgraded to a XR8 (despite us bagging the crap out of him for even thinking of it), I got a Kenwood Head Deck CD Player, 400 watt amp 2 channel and 2 6x9's.
I wanted a sub so I went out and purchased a 10 inch sub and my mate gave me a sub box he had laying round out in his shed.
I figured I'l upgrade my amp to a 4 channel so I can power the speakers and woofer, so I go and buy a 1000 watt 4 channel amp and wiring kit. I sold the other amplifier to get a bit of money toward the new amp.
Then I park my car down the supermarket to go shopping and I come back to it and find some dumbarse has snapped my antenna clean in half and left the broken half on the ground next to my car :mad: so I went out and got a new antenna.
Finally after saving some money I took my car to a few places and got a few quotes. The best I got was from Car Audio Excellence who quoted me $250 for installation of head deck in a VL (which racks up the price because the stereo is bolted to the back of the firewall), installation of the 4 channel amp, parcel tray cut out to fit the 6x9's in and them installed, subwoofer installed and new antenna put on and the price includes a lifetime warranty on the wiring and labour costs aswell.
Took them a good 5 to 6 hours and I got I tell you, it was well worth the wait! When I pump it up you can hear it a mile away, the car physically rocks when I put on a song with a lot of bass. I love it !!!! :yeah:
My car is getting better and better. It may take a while to get the parts that you want but when you do, it feels so good to hear it all running and working how you imagined it.