Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

I hate tailgaters

Status
Not open for further replies.

hungryman

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Calais 5.7l
I cant believe the attitude of some of the people on here. Im not a tail-gater, and yes i do get the cranks when someone decides to sit up my rear for no good reason, but "brake-testing"? are you insane? What if they happened to decide at that moment to speed up and overtake you. You slam on your brakes as they speed up, you and up being spun into a tree and injured (or worse), while they end up possibly dead or even having a head-on with an inoscent(spelling?) motorist.
I usually stick to the speed limits or there-abouts, especially when my family is in the car (wife and 2 young kids). If some ones not happy about it and decides to tail gate me for some reason, I just spin my rear-view mirror around and keep driving the same, as if they're not there. Also if i come up to someone who is not doing the speed limit, i have enough confidence in both my car and my driving ability, to not have to sit right up they're date before i overtake. Just sit back, wait for an opportunity, then overtake, as the law says you should.
There is no reason to tail-gate, and there is even less reason to retaliate to tail-gaters in a dangerous manner.
My 2c

Jesk

registered lunatic
Reaction score
Members Ride
96 ef2 fairmont
yeah tailgaters are pricks we all know that i mean someitmes i do the lights trick or just ever so lightly touch the brake with my left foot and yeah they usually get the message but recently a couple of twats in a :flame: ford :flame: festiva :flame: couldnt get the hint even on a dual lane road plus they also had their bloody highs on!!! :ranting: (this was the city too mind you south road and cross road if you know adelaide) i mean i realise my lancer doesnt accelerate too well when cold cos is carby driven and has no choke whatsoever (never did) but that mitsu inginuity for you

Torana

Young Einstein
Reaction score
Website
holdenworld.tt.cx
Members Ride
KE Laser Ghia 1.6 Carbie M5
I'd just slightly ease the handbrake on and just you watch how quickly they **** off when they realise you can slow down EXTREMELY quickly with no brakelights muahahahaha

D

Dogmeat

what i hate is when im going the max speed limit and probly a little over :whistling and theres still someone half a metre to close to my arse im like :ranting: right ill just keep tapping the brakes till i get to below the speed limit and sit at that speed limit till they can over take me and when we come up on a duel lane i speed up so they cant over take me and get boxed in behind a car in the other lane and i sit next to the car in the other lane so they catnt go anywhere :yeah: serves them right after all i am a p plater its my right to piss people off :king:

vlv8vic

<---Brad Quaid = internet stalker
Reaction score
Members Ride
M5
was once tailgated by a B-double. i gave him the light flick (not brakes just a little brake light action) to which he put his lights on high and got closer. i slowed, he stayed there, it was only once the road became double lines that he decded to pass. so i moved over and let him go. being a smart arse i flicked my lights to high for only a flick - he responded by slamming the anchors, now those things pull up pretty well from 100. the old datto i was in doesnt- so i shot around him. thinking i had enough speed to stay ahead and stay out of his way. i sat on 110. he caught up (speed limited my arse) on passinglane proceeded to overtake me, ok good for him. he got beside me and started to move over. b double 1, datsun 0. im in the grass to i thought fk this, caught up got his rego rang the cops and sat back watching him speed off into teh distance. cops rang back later told me they pulled him up way ahead of me doing 110 ina 70 zone and admitted he was under the influence of drugs(i didnt knwo cops would actually be allowed to tell me that but hey!). i stay well away from b-doubles now.

Holden_ve

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT SPAK 3.8 M5
I tail-gate.. but only when some loser is going too sloow.. im like, too slow and get up their arse and flash them.. then they speed up and merge into the other lane :D if someone tailgates me.. i slow down heaps.. especially if its a one lane road.. that oughta teach them to tailgate :)

Jesk

registered lunatic
Reaction score
Members Ride
96 ef2 fairmont
DUEL anyone

vlv8vic said:
was once tailgated by a B-double. i gave him the light flick (not brakes just a little brake light action) to which he put his lights on high and got closer. i slowed, he stayed there, it was only once the road became double lines that he decded to pass. so i moved over and let him go. being a smart arse i flicked my lights to high for only a flick - he responded by slamming the anchors, now those things pull up pretty well from 100. the old datto i was in doesnt- so i shot around him. thinking i had enough speed to stay ahead and stay out of his way. i sat on 110. he caught up (speed limited my arse) on passinglane proceeded to overtake me, ok good for him. he got beside me and started to move over. b double 1, datsun 0. im in the grass to i thought fk this, caught up got his rego rang the cops and sat back watching him speed off into teh distance. cops rang back later told me they pulled him up way ahead of me doing 110 ina 70 zone and admitted he was under the influence of drugs(i didnt knwo cops would actually be allowed to tell me that but hey!). i stay well away from b-doubles now.

now to anyone else does that sound like the early speilberg movie duel except duel ends with the psycho truckie going off a cliff not getting pulled over

Shivaga

Reaction score
Website
www.bhss.com.au
Members Ride
'05 VZ Lumina 3.6V6
Holden_ve said:
I tail-gate.. but only when some loser is going too sloow.. im like, too slow and get up their arse and flash them.. then they speed up and merge into the other lane :D if someone tailgates me.. i slow down heaps.. especially if its a one lane road.. that oughta teach them to tailgate :)

ITS JUST BLOODY STUPID MATE! :ranting:

vlv8vic

<---Brad Quaid = internet stalker
Reaction score
Members Ride
M5
Daniel Jaeschke said:
now to anyone else does that sound like the early speilberg movie duel except duel ends with the psycho truckie going off a cliff not getting pulled over

lol yeah no cliffs although im not far from the coast. .... or are you doubting my experience re-tell?

sixshooter

Reaction score
Members Ride
2x VS
My favourite trick for tailgaters...

Is to switch my lights on and watch their reaction in the rearview mirror...only works during the day though...The red of the taillights makes them think I'm braking...It confuses them when they see a gap emerging thinking between my backend and their frontend :yeah:
I think I should put a camera in the back wired to my headlight switch just to catch their faces...It's good for a laugh everytime :w00t:

sixshooter :wave:

Status
Not open for further replies.