Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

I have moved over from the dark side

listen_to_slayer

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Acclaim
Hi everyone, my name is Adam and I'm new around here, and last week i took ownership of my first holden.

Previous ride was a 1995 EF Falcon with a bent chasis rail and a front end not even welded to the car.... gotta love car dealers.... long story.

Anyway, i thought it was time to give the Holden a shot, and i am glad i did, my new ride is as follows:

Model: 2004 VZ Commodore Acclaim
Colour: Phantom Mica
Trans: Auto
Km's: 63,000
Engine: 3.6 Alloytec 175Kw

Although I wanted a Gen III i figure this will do me for a few years until i can afford one in amazing condition and I can afford petrol and insurance for it :) However the delivery of the power from this engine has really surprised me, very very smooth and quiet. The car had tinted windows when purchased so thats one less thing i need done.

Mods to come soon:
POLISH IT! (get some of the marks and scratches out)
Airbox mod
Debadge
Replace the door mouldings (as 3 of the 4 have splits down them.. is this common?)
Lowered with SuperLows (to retain as much practicality as i can)
Wheels - Thinking maybe VZ R8 rims... wish they werent so pricey...
Get the ASR treatment on the stock head unit
Swap the Steering wheel, shifter and handbrake for leather ones.

Can anyone tell me what the deal with the side seat airbags is? as I'm looking at starting an auto trimming apprenticeship and would love to retrim the car in leather... can this be done?

Will post pictures when it doesnt look stock! haha

Thanks, Adam

deth67

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Acclaim
Hey dood! Welcome to my world. Other than the wing and intake mod mine looks stock also. Too many things to mess with not enough money. Post pics anyway so we can see wot u started with. :thumbsup:

burnz

dah dut dut da dah
Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII SS ute M6
Replace the door mouldings (as 3 of the 4 have splits down them.. is this common?)

Can anyone tell me what the deal with the side seat airbags is? as I'm looking at starting an auto trimming apprenticeship and would love to retrim the car in leather... can this be done?

Thanks, Adam

first: wellcome
second: door mouldings it is unusuall, perhapse someone replaced the plastic guide's in windows. (common)
and butchered it.

the seat air bag is a little out of my area, be shure the battery is disonected and never reconect untill the job is finnished,(meaning seat's are fully wired back in)

listen_to_slayer

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Acclaim
sorry by door mouldings i mean the strips on the outside of the door, to protect the doors from being hit by other car doors. also found out tonight that genuine VZ ones are no longer made so i'll either have to use VY ones or take them off completely.

will post some pics tomorrow.

And deth67 i know what you mean about there being so much to do with so little cash haha, at least i know i'm not the only one around here riding on stock rims and standard height suspension!

listen_to_slayer

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Acclaim
ok so it took me long enough to get photos up, but here they are after a wash, polish and wax. the other day i also installed my new HBD leather steering wheel and my leather handbrake and shifter, next on the list... wheels and lowering.

DSC03189-R.jpg

DSC03188-R.jpg

DSC03190-R.jpg

DSC03192-R.jpg

DSC03191-R.jpg

DSC03184-R.jpg

What sort of wheels look really good on black VY/VZ's??? i would like to limit wheel size 18-19"

Any comments?
Thanks, Adam

greenfoam

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Executive R-spec
I'm just shocked Holden aren't keeping spares up to a car of this age, that's a disgrace :S

listen_to_slayer

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Acclaim
i was told the reason the side moulding are no longer made is because the company that produced them went bankrupt, so i can either put VY ones on or just take them off completely... not sure yet...