Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

I Just Bought A Vk

J

Jase VK

Hey all,

I've just bought a 1985 VK commodore and i was wonderin is it a decent car 2 have? it is my 1st car and i do wanna do it up a bit, exhaust, mags, lower it, u know the usual, if u could give me n e information bout this it would b great

Thanx
Jase

Darren

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
BYD Atto 3 / RAV4 Hybrid
I can't comment on what the VK is like to own since I've never owned one but I'm sure like all cars if they run smoothly, start first time and get you where you want as quick as possible it should be just fine.

What did you end up with, the carby or fuel injected version engine?

Look in the FAQ for some of the basic modifications, keep in mind though you may have troubles with insurance, if you do anything outside of the maunfacturer specifications as I have found out and I'm sure I'm not alone. Best thing to do is ring the insurance company and ask them what implications extractors, exhaust etc may have, as these kind of mods could very well void any warranty with your insurance company.

Information on doing up your car really comes down to how much you want to spend, heck I could think of a 100 hundred things I want to do to mine but money is a big factor.

One piece of advice I will give you or anyone else looking at doing this kind of thing is make sure you have enough cash just in case something goes wrong. It may seem obvious to some but others just don't think about that side of things.

J

Jase VK

It's a carby, thanx 4 that. u've been a good help. i had a look at the FAQ page 2 and that helped aswell. Thanx again

S

shane

dont bother with VKs i had one for about six months and with a bit of thrashing it dident take much to blow it up! now its on its roof in one of my back paddocks.

V

vkfuelinjected

I'll tell u one thing when u link a sports exhaust and extractors n da car is revving at over 3,000 rpm and ur doing 140km'h on the freeway, it can get very loud which is good but not if ur going from Sydney to da goldcoast. Too loud, too long.
Live on Holden's!!!!