Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

I just weighed my spare tyre and jack - Weight reduction

mpower

Reaction score
Members Ride
V2 CV8 Monaro and VF SSV Redline
That's the thing that needs to be weighed up, cost outlay for all this weight saving changes verses the $2 saving each time you fill up.

Ita like the whole prius lessens the carbon footprint and lower running costs, but making/manufacturing emissions and cost of replacing the car U really don't end off better in the long run, only what U see at the bowser each week.

I reckon, I've heard people comment on "fuel economy" when they are talking about $80+k cars... lol My car was $20k, I can spend $40,000 on fuel and still be ahead $20k!

Pollushon

Boost gives me a bar....
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS
I feel that if you're concerned with economy, then buy an economical car, like a Getz, but if you're concerned with power, then be prepared to cough up. I couldn't give a **** personally, I built this car to whiten my knuckles, and I'll visit a bowser as many times as I have to, which is currently once a week.

I'm budgeted for $2 a litre, so again I couldn't care less about fuel price rises.

Cheap6

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Exec
That's the thing that needs to be weighed up, cost outlay for all this weight saving changes verses the $2 saving each time you fill up.

Now that is a valid comment. Some things will not be cost effective if the goal is to save money. Some things may have other benefits in addition to saving weight though.

Saving fuel, without regard to the cost, simply for the challenge of doing so, may be a different motivation. It's like changing things to make more power on a street car. Real world the car isn't actually any faster because you never, or at least very rarely (unless you're an idiot with a 'temporary' licence) use full power anyway.

Not_An_Abba_Fan

Exhaust Guru
Reaction score
Members Ride
Strange Rover
I had carbon fibre mufflers on my Hyabusa, they were very light.