Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

I like Ebay but....

Hairy Eater

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
2000 VX Executive V6
i like using ebay... bought some good deals there... even bout my Commy VX through ebay... BUT now what stinks some sellers are using FORCED FEEDBACK .. unless you will first leave them posative feedback you dont get any feedback at all... i paid for this car manual on cd very promptly... waited 2 months but no feedback... my car was 2000 model.. cd is for 2004 model... cos i left negative feedback about this, this twat leaves negative feedback on me too...

hakhawk

smooth moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
BMW E21 320i, E36 "318IS" coupe
if i buy something, i leave feedback when i receive it. then they leave feedback usually pretty quick, some are lazy or just miss it in everything they sell.

if you're happy with it, why wait for them to leave feedback first?

when i sell stuff, i generally wait for the buyer to leave feedback incase they want to whinge about something.

did you email them about it being the wrong cd when you got it?

Julie

moderator- for now anyway
Reaction score
Members Ride
Blown VT Calais 355 + SC VY V6
Im a seller, I do that too. Some people believe that as soon as the seller receives your payment they should leave you positive feedback I disagree.
I used to leave feedback upon receiving money but I have come to realise that because the buyer has paid that doesn't mean the transaction has finished and there heaps of room for them to be a bad buyer. Eg. Someone buys something from me, pays me by cheque, in my auction it states no pickup, then the buyer rocks up unexpectedly at my door at 9pm wanting to pick up his parcel. That is a bad buyer, even though he has paid and had I left him good feedback I would have no recourse and be unable to warn other seller not to do business with him.

Having said that, if someone were to leave me legitimate negative feedback I wouldn't give him retalitory negative feedback just to be a bitch. A lot of people won't do this though and they sort of blackmail you into not leaving bad feedback through fear that they wil ruin your perfect rating.

What I now do is I have 2 accounts, one for selling, one for buying. As a seller its important for me to keep my 100% rating and I dont want to buy something from someone dodgy, leave bad feedback and get rtalitory feedback, so all my purchases are made in my other account where I am not concerned if they neg. me because as a buyer its not as important to have that 100% rating.

hakhawk

smooth moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
BMW E21 320i, E36 "318IS" coupe
i received my first negative feedback the other day.

i sold a mobile phone to some dude, i made sure it was working the day i sent it(had been sitting unused for a few months).

sent it off, waited for feedback. i got an email a few days later that he'd received it but it didnt work. wasnt picking up signal.

i explained to him that id tested it the day i sent it and was fine. tried to help him to get it to find signal, but he wouldnt have a bar of it.

said id been dishonest about it and threatened to tell ebay and leave negative feedback.

not once did he ask for a refund, he just "wanted it fixed"

not sure how i can fix it online.

anyway, he left me some pretty dull feedback: "not honest and very bad service"

funny thing is, all the feedback surrounding that one is nothing but praise and i think anyone to see my feedback, will just think "that other guys a whinging tool"

but if i had have left feedback straight away which he wanted me to do, he would've neg'd me anyway.

sorry, that was just a total random rant

minux

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 SSV Redline
I dont bother leaving feedback to sellers anymore, they never leave it for me so **** em.

Hairy Eater

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
2000 VX Executive V6
Julie... if you dont mind.. can you tell what you sell or ebay shop ?

Julie

moderator- for now anyway
Reaction score
Members Ride
Blown VT Calais 355 + SC VY V6
I sell art, I dont have a shop, I looked into it it wasn't worth it after they bumped up their fees.

clixanup

Has Left
Reaction score
i paid for this car manual on cd very promptly... waited 2 months but no feedback... my car was 2000 model.. cd is for 2004 model...
Is that the genuine Holden service CD??

If so, do you want to sell it?? It has to cover the V8 too though....

Reaction score
Members Ride
falcon
i have a copy of 2000 modle commo on cd if ya wanna a copy let me know ill swap ya for a copy of yours:)