Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

I need advice please!!! Looking to buy Vy supercharged.

joelguseli

Joel
Reaction score
Members Ride
Vr Calais
:confused: Help please,
I am looking to up grade I have a Vr Calais and am looking to sell that and my piece of crap ute...(ford) and get a Supercharged Vy Calais any advice on the car, pro’s n con’s also any tendances they might have for things going wrong with them to would be appreciated... Thanks

black as

Reaction score
Members Ride
I have 2 cars VZ sv8 6 litre and VU ute 5.7 litre
Are you looking at factory supercharged or an after market set up?

joelguseli

Joel
Reaction score
Members Ride
Vr Calais
Factory but am planning to do some of the easier mods like cold air, exhaust, and pulleys so I can hopefully keep up with my brother who just bought a Vy SS
(my dream car… PUNK!!)

SAV_117

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE V8 Calais
i think petty wise it is cheaper to get an 8 i think thats what ive been told by my mate who used to have a VT supercharged but if u really want it only thing i dont like about my vy is the steering wheel shudder other than that awesome car to drive

joelguseli

Joel
Reaction score
Members Ride
Vr Calais
Oh really steering wheel shudder I have never heard of that... Is it bad? You mean like the wheel shake’s slightly from side to side on idle?

SAV_117

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE V8 Calais
Oh really steering wheel shudder I have never heard of that... Is it bad? You mean like the wheel shake’s slightly from side to side on idle?

nah its not that bad what happens is at really really slow speeds like say when reversing out of your driveway and turning the sterring wheel it shudders thats it nothin big but i get annoyed at everythin haha

joelguseli

Joel
Reaction score
Members Ride
Vr Calais
Properly not heaps but not sure if I want an 8 now that he has 1. I have heard if you do the air intake, exhaust and pulleys it in standard 8 territory?