Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

I need help. Keys locked in car.

M

~me~

Never been here before, wasn't sure of the hit count and therefore what chance my post would have of being viewed.
Thanks for your help though

R

rattattack1313

No worries...have you gotten your door open yet???? I live near to you....but am busy till 5.00pm..can come & help them if you need... :thumbsup:

HDT_aero

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
manual VN aero
the raa or rac simply get a thicker wire than a coathanger (stronger) with a bend and a jimmy bar and literally pry the top of the door open about an inch and use the wire to pop the lock. after seeing them do that to my poor car ill never lock my keys in there again

M

~me~

Oh dear.
Thanks for all your help everyone.
I have a friend who is going to pop over after work and help me out.

Just wanted a few ideas to prep myslef with :)

R

rattattack1313

the bit the arrow is pointing to needs to be pushed down.............this is a pic of the front passenger door mechanism...... :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Attachments

• 13th oct.jpg
    13th oct.jpg
    251.6 KB · Views: 3,318

habro

Resident Car Hack
Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Exec
How does one lock their keys in a VP? It's central locking plus it won't let you lock it when the drivers door is open?

gopher

Reaction score
Members Ride
Car
habro said:
How does one lock their keys in a VP? It's central locking plus it won't let you lock it when the drivers door is open?

its easier than you think
i've done it by locking the front door via the back door.
took racq guy a couple of hours to get the keys out,put all the door trims back & reconnect rods he knocked off

ElDubya

Mad As A Meataxe
Reaction score
Members Ride
2011 VE Commodore V6
I have 3 roadside assist vans at my disposal. Have you managed to open the car yet? I live about 5 mins from Sunnybank Hills shopping centre. If you are still having trouble, leave a post here and I'll get someone out, at no charge, with a lockout kit and they will be inside in about 5 minutes flat :)

digisol

Reaction score
Members Ride
Toyota Landcruiser
Seen it done by a RACQ guy on a late model car, they have a set of 1/8" thick lengths of brasing rods about 1' long, each one has a right angle beld on the end from 1" - 3", simply slip the bent end in the corner of the door (any door) between the weather strip and glass turn so the bend is facing the lock and jiggle it up and down until you see the inside lock move, pull up, bingo.

Damages nothing, takes about 30 seconds.

Or buy the movie gone in 60 seconds, they do the same except they know which bend is for what car, although it is a "movie" but the principle is the same.

Apparently some exe $ european cars like mercs have a plate inside the door to stop ya from doing it.

Although any locksmith can open most locks, I had to buy a steering column for the cruiser, when it arrived it had no key so it could not be turned, the locksmith simply picked the lock, took ten minutes.