Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

I NeEd MoRe IdEa'S!!!!

StealthX

Reaction score
Website
www.stealth.nismo.org
Members Ride
HSV VX Clubsport.
Cheers Sk00bs .. seats are being going soon, throwing in a/market ones and getting the rear seat re-trimmed to match the new seats, so i can also fold the centre down for access to the boot install...

Reecey thats teh cross-over. Tweeters are mounted on the roof just above the pillars. Very easy job with mdf/Fiberglass took me 4 days to make.

Will reply to others in a minute gotta run out.

StealthX

Reaction score
Website
www.stealth.nismo.org
Members Ride
HSV VX Clubsport.
L8N said:
um what about
* trimming the roof and pillars black or something (mabey with raised logo or flames)
* upgrading brake rotors to some sloted ones
* fitting vz ss side indicator vents
* hideing wires in the engine bay any tyding it up
* (before it gets sprayed smooth up the seams)
* get vs door handles and colour code them(cause they r metal)
* m3 style door mirors
* vs front conversion
* boot install

ill hav a think about some more hopefully some of thoes are what you are after

Well i like the idea of trimming the roof, so thats being done! Going black I wouldn't mind doing a raised logo, but im unsure on how to!?

Boot Install is on its way too, going 2 x 12 low freqency subs (to get the rumble) & 1 x 10" inch mid freq to get the kick (which will be facing through the seats) I also want to put 6" splits on the boot lid. We party a fair bit so plan is to just be able to park up.. open up the boot & have decent sound.

habro

Resident Car Hack
Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Exec
I wouldn't mind doing a raised logo, but im unsure on how to!?

I'm pretty sure it's just foam that you can cut out to your own design and then just do the lining as you would for a normal hoodlining replacement

Shivaga

Reaction score
Website
www.bhss.com.au
Members Ride
'05 VZ Lumina 3.6V6
nice work so far mate!!! how about getting some more screens in there!!! my mate is a no-all about them and hes hooked up his PS2 to 3 mini screens in the boot and one just in front of the shifter! i see you've got the headset one, and judging by what everyone else has said, id encourage you to jazz up the boot mega-style, ie you open it up, and thats all you need. iv seen a car that had the spare wheel taken out, and a custom keg was put in there, he had his own beer tap in his boot, and the rest!

L8N

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS COMMODORE
habro said:
I wouldn't mind doing a raised logo, but im unsure on how to!?

I'm pretty sure it's just foam that you can cut out to your own design and then just do the lining as you would for a normal hoodlining replacement

i think they use cardboard or lino, something stif with edges so you can see the edges of the design. wouldnt foam colapse too much?

some other sujestions are
* vy ss pedals (they are not ilegal like the ones you hav and they come with a foot rest)
* painting kick pannels & running boards
* vs dash conversion

StealthX

Reaction score
Website
www.stealth.nismo.org
Members Ride
HSV VX Clubsport.
Thasit! Doing my roof-linning tomorrow, going black velour which has a 2mm foam backing on it (the same material i used on my pods) and doing a tribal design on it.. I also though about using those laser LED lights to maybe highlight it at night.. depending on how good it turns out.

Spare wheel will have to come out if i go ahead with the plans ive got for my boot :D and im going to throw a 4pce spirit tap on the boot roof too.. really encouraging NO DRINK DRIVING :p like i said.. we party anywhere.. pull up lift up the boot turn up the tunes n party.. so 1 of my idea's is to put a spirit-holder-tap in there somewhere to carry out Smirnoff, Bundy, Jack & Beam bottles :p

Last edited:

Shivaga

Reaction score
Website
www.bhss.com.au
Members Ride
'05 VZ Lumina 3.6V6
StealthX said:
so 1 of my idea's is to put a spirit in there somewhere to carry out Smirnoff, Bundy, Jack & Beam bottles :p
ok, once your boot is all pimped/subed out, find a place where you could just have a bottle holder where you could just stick a glass under, flick/push/twist/pull something and then you hav a shot of whatever? ..... is that hard to understand???.............. :unsure:

ProMaX

Make way!
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
Members Ride
04 VZ SS Impulse Blue Ute
*drools* I wish my vn was anything near what urs is.... unfortunately i'm poor and my vn's stock as a rock struggling to get by :cry:

StealthX

Reaction score
Website
www.stealth.nismo.org
Members Ride
HSV VX Clubsport.
Uselessly Unemployed, yeh dude, spelling mistake sorry, thats what i meant.

ProMaX My S'pak started out bone stock too, doesn't take long you just have to have an idea of what you want your car to look like and make sure it flows smoothly. (ei: Having Black n Fluro Orange paint.. it just doesn't fit together if u know what i mean) When i first bought the car for $3500 I had an image of a dark interior & a 2 DIN install, the sort of steering wheel i wanted etc.. etc.. and it has turned out the way i thought of it (same goes for the parcel shelf.. Im planning something else for that too.. I want to have a Kicker amp, Half in & half sitting out of the shelf in the centre of the speaker pods.
(i know its not the best spot.. but its the whole image im chasing, im not affraid of security)

sk00bs

Reaction score
Members Ride
vh sle
loved to see more pics after new seats and also cost on re-trimming...no rush of anything.
sk00bs(still waiting for new seats......still)