Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

I Need Opinions Regarding Cosmetics and Exhaust proposition

Anthony .

Reaction score
Members Ride
1994 VR V6 Executive
Hi all,

I am thinking to remove the spoiler on my Future 2009 VE SV6 and debadge. I feel the stock look of the car looks too much like a V8 super car haha.

My question is- what would you do? Leave the spoiler on and debadge OR remove spoiler and debadge.

How much would it hurt the value of the Vehicle if I ever was to resell (I will keep the stock spoiler and not sell it).

Additionally, would it be worth changing the exhaust? I heard the stock exhaust is Holden’s ‘sport exhaust’ on the SV6. I plan on doing headers and bolt on mods.

Cheers

Steve-2010SS

Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 VE MY10 SS COMMODORE
Hi Anthony,

I would leave the spoiler on, that's part or the car being an SV6.
It shouldn't really affect the value if you are keeping the parts because it can always be changed back.
I'm pretty sure the stock exhaust on the SV6 is pretty much the same as the stock exhaust on the SS.
If you are going to be fitting headers then you might as well fit a more free flowing exhaust, but to get the most out of a new exhaust, you will need to get a tune after fitting the exhaust.

Cheers, Steve.

BlackVXGTS

Reaction score
Members Ride
GEN-F2 GTS A6, VS Clubsport 185 A4
Since you asked for opinions, my opinion is that all women should continue to use "Cosmetics". Having said that, I never gone to bed with an ugly woman, but I've woken up with a few (LOL).

18vDrill_SkinOnly

Reaction score
Members Ride
09 VE SV6 Comm / 22 Ford Mustang 5.0l
Hi all,

I am thinking to remove the spoiler on my Future 2009 VE SV6 and debadge. I feel the stock look of the car looks too much like a V8 super car haha.

My question is- what would you do? Leave the spoiler on and debadge OR remove spoiler and debadge.

How much would it hurt the value of the Vehicle if I ever was to resell (I will keep the stock spoiler and not sell it).

Additionally, would it be worth changing the exhaust? I heard the stock exhaust is Holden’s ‘sport exhaust’ on the SV6. I plan on doing headers and bolt on mods.

Cheers

Well, it's not like you can't buy these badges to replace them if you decided to remove them.

The spoiler is bolt on/bolt off (literally 4 bolts under the boot). As long as you have an aftermarket option in mind, or something which will hide these holes it's up to you and your aesthetics. There are a couple of different types of alternatives you could consider such as bob/duck tails and some of the leerier body kit type pieces which will turn it into a clown car.

If you keep the spoiler as you mentioned, then it won't hurt the resale, unless you get paint variances from something else you've clapped on in the meantime.

Changing the exhaust is definitely something to consider. F1 Aussie has 2.5" on his, and I have 3" on mine - both of ours have cams, headers and other bolt on mods too though so the note will be different. Here's some links to how my 3" sounds - use an iPhone or something with decent speakers

Untuned -

Anthony .

Reaction score
Members Ride
1994 VR V6 Executive
Since you asked for opinions, my opinion is that all women should continue to use "Cosmetics". Having said that, I never gone to bed with an ugly woman, but I've woken up with a few (LOL).
Oath

Anthony .

Reaction score
Members Ride
1994 VR V6 Executive
Cheers for all the opinions.
I reckon the sv6 look tougher without the spoiler.

I am thinking to use some primer and plugs to cover the hole and prevent rust. I will find the exact colour and coat the plugs with paint