Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

I need to know if i have a blown head gasket..

Mark Taylor

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 Holden Calais SS
Hi there,
Recently my second car Holden 2011 VE started to shake but not bad. And it would go. After i got home i was wondering to see if it could be my head gasket blown. So i opened the Oil cap and saw this. Can you please tell me what it is? Im worried.

Its a bit creamy colour and i just serviced it at a company a week ago.
QRfv1ks.jpg

Tlha59T.jpg

Regards,

H

harrop.senator

Thats not much cream at all if its moxing its only lightly. More chance water got in somewhere it shouldn't. Tk test the cooling system easiest way to be 100% sure.

VTS5

TechJunkie
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE OMEGA 3.6L Dual Fuel
Looks like water in oil..What about the dip stick?Did u check it??Also see how much water u got left in the coolant bottle..

commodore665

expat Saffa
Reaction score
Members Ride
2005 SV6 & Alfa Romeo 156 V6
You may find that level is normal , as mentioned what is the dip stick like , also under the radiator cap and radiator fluid ,

Mark Taylor

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 Holden Calais SS
Looks like water in oil..What about the dip stick?Did u check it??Also see how much water u got left in the coolant bottle..
Hi there mate, I checked the dip stick its not bad theres no water bubbles or any water on it. But will check the coolant bottle and check the radiator. If there is bubbles in the radiator that means theres a head gasket leak? What do you recommend me to do? Also what am i looking for? When i look at the radiator cap and fluid.

HSVBMW

Reaction score
Members Ride
vh vn vt
More than likely the transmission cooler on the sie of your radiator has split and trans fluid is leaking into your radiator. Happened to a family members VE senator.It may also explain the shuddering . Much better that than a head gasket blowing, i will cross my fingers for you.

H

harrop.senator

^ id rather do a headgasket then coolant in the trans. Like i already said tk test it or you're just guessing. Its a pretty decent job in parts alone before you add labour to it. Spend the money on a test kit they're cheap or pay a six pack to a shop its a 5 minute job. If its got minoxide in the coolant you know at a minimum its a lower intake manifold gasket, timing cover or seal water in coolant doesn't automatically mean a head gasket.

Stop jumping to conclusions and be sure before you take your next steps.