Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

I think we have reached peak stupidity

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore Motorsport Edition

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
And with all the extra food they bought there is going to be a lot of wiping going on.

keith reed

Reaction score
Members Ride
1983 vh v8 sle 2000 vs v8 ute 2012 ve11 redline
The answer is quite simple. Rationing, a case of where I live of someone buying 27 spray bottles of hand cleaner. It has been pointed out that we all need to wash our hands otherwise their panic buying is ineffective. The supermarkets are making a fortune out of peoples fear, this needs to be stopped immediately.

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
Countdown has set a 2 unit limit on all products here in NZ and reduced opening hours.

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
Time to bring in curfews and rationing cause it will only get worse before it gets better...

The police must investigate these eBay, Facebook, and other internet sales sites to catch these opportunistic lowlife resellers (struggling to be nice here) and punish them all. Then maybe calm will ensue and we won’t need the above rationing.

J_D 2.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
2009 VE SSV M6 on LPG and 2022 Kawasaki Z650L
Thing is that there’s no doubt there are people circumventing the restrictions by buying the limit of something and then going straight back to buy more or buying a new packet to toilet paper every day.

The supermarkets already track everything you buy. It’s called flybuys and Woolworths rewards! Why don’t they do something useful with that data and go “I’m sorry you already purchased a 24 pack of toilet rolls yesterday so **** off”!

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
... The supermarkets already track everything you buy. It’s called flybuys and Woolworths rewards! Why don’t they do something useful with that data and go “I’m sorry you already purchased a 24 pack of toilet rolls yesterday so **** off”!
Suggested that to woolies two weeks ago but I’m sure they are too busy counting their profits :oops:

JMP

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY 5.7 Berlina
Awesome, glad they didn't give her a refund. You don't know who came into contact with it and with meat it has to be kept a certain conditions before being sold to public and from memory records have to be kept also so once it leaves the shop it becomes an unknown.

Dayvo

Because i can
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 Series 2
Awesome, glad they didn't give her a refund. You don't know who came into contact with it and with meat it has to be kept a certain conditions before being sold to public and from memory records have to be kept also so once it leaves the shop it becomes an unknown.
The standard practice with woolies return policy ( before it was temporarily changed due to panic buying) Is any perishable goods that are returned for a refund cannot be returned to the shelf for resale , they must be thrown out .

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
Thing is that there’s no doubt there are people circumventing the restrictions by buying the limit of something and then going straight back to buy more or buying a new packet to toilet paper every day.

The supermarkets already track everything you buy. It’s called flybuys and Woolworths rewards! Why don’t they do something useful with that data and go “I’m sorry you already purchased a 24 pack of toilet rolls yesterday so **** off”!

Problem is, not everyone uses these programs and 2ndly they find other ways to circumvent these policies put in place limiting purchases.

IMA, I don't agree with the way idiots are doing what they are.....Personally I hope they end up crook from food poisioning and blocked up bowels :)