Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

i want to hear nicer note from my v6 3.8l VY Calais.. recommend an exhaust system pls

alshemary

drive it like u stole it!
Reaction score
Members Ride
300ZX Twin Turbo/VZ SS/VY Calais
Dump it at the cat.

what do ya mean dump it at the cat? as in straight through from cat? or delete cat?

@ JSTCOZ & DEVILDRAKE thanks for the very nice suggestions thats exactly what I was thinking !! will definitely get that done.. but which ones better you guys reckon? hurricane or pacey extractors/headers? THANKS in advance

JustDylan

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
VN Berlina
Nah I meant get a dump pipe attached to the cat and dummy exhaust at the back.

one_and_only2004

Turbo L98 FTW
Reaction score
Members Ride
Z Series Thunder Utility - Turbo
Nah I meant get a dump pipe attached to the cat and dummy exhaust at the back.

I can't tell if you're being sarcastic or if you're just stupid.

I use to run redback extractors, a manta cat and a lukey 2.5" with a mid muffler and rear muffler. Sounded great in the car, sounded like arse when you were on the side of the road as it drove past.

PRAVX II S

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore
2.5inch cat back with a Glass pack style muffler gives it a deeper note.

DevilDRake

Braaaap
Reaction score
Website
www.devildrake.deviantart.com
Members Ride
2006 VZ SS 6L Ute
what do ya mean dump it at the cat? as in straight through from cat? or delete cat?

@ JSTCOZ & DEVILDRAKE thanks for the very nice suggestions thats exactly what I was thinking !! will definitely get that done.. but which ones better you guys reckon? hurricane or pacey extractors/headers? THANKS in advance

Depends what sound you're going for. Pace's are a bit more deeper noted to the hurricanes, but that because said, it depends on the exhaust aswell. You could just take the rear resi off and it'd be **** loud, but that's exactly what it is - **** and loud.

JSTCOZ

Reaction score
Members Ride
2000 VT S-Pack II

Hurricane is better money spent. Pacies cost $200 more and no matter how you try unless you're doing serious mods can you justify that cost for little/no gains. (y)

NAVZCALAIS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Calais 3.6, 1980 WB Tonner
Me personally i don't stray from pacemakers but thats just my opinion. Go with the hurricane to save the wallet, keep the standard cats or one's of a similar nature and single 2.5inch cat back with both resonator and silencer. That's exactly the same system i ran on my old wagon and it had a very nice note and didn't drone. Also if your looking for a bit of extra fuel economy put a mace engineering cold air intake on it. If you have the spare money to spend its a worthwhile mod to save the wallet in the long run
Hope this helps