Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Ideas for Omega mods

Mountnjo.2009

Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV E3 20th Anniversary Maloo
never shitcan'd him, just said to enjoy it and learn to drive, no point modding it coz the P plate laws.. why waste money on fines when he has the current powerhouse 6 on the market?

oh and the badges, yes you do what you want, but everyone will laugh when u take off, instead of a rumble u get boooooooooooooooooooooooorrrrrrrrrrtt, oh n it gives holden owners a bad name, dude i raced a new VE V8 and i bet it in my 6......

ahh okay? bit contradictory dont u think if i have "the current powerhouse 6 on the market" and another v6 is going to beat me in a race and give holden owners a bad name???

But any how if any one has any ideas about mods thats wat im interested in. im not looking for anything obvious. things like stealth CAI's etc (that way i wont have to worry about fines) and if any one has used any parts some feedback would be nice.

Last edited:

Cav

Donating Member
Reaction score
Website
cav.bigblog.com.au
Members Ride
VE II Omega Ute; Fairmont Ghia
What about a thin stripe, black, gold or red, running along the crease line from the side blinker to the tail lights?

ephect

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Acclaim V6
ahh okay? bit contadictory dont u think if i have "the current powerhouse 6 on the market" and another v6 is going to beat me in a race and give holden owners a bad name???

But any how if any one has any ideas about mods thats wat im interested in. im not looking for anything obvious. things like stealth CAI's etc (that way i wont have to worry about fines) and if any one has used any parts some feedback would be nice.

u get the concept thou dont you? ppl see V8 badges, think V8, get beaten brag how **** the new holden 8s are.. thought it was quite simple. yes i said it was ONE of the current V6 powerhouses, holdens current powerhouse.. there are still cars out there that will thrash it.

the only thing u'll really get away with is a tune. dont know how much more u'll get out of it, but it'll keep happy for a bit. wish u the best, but dont get caught with more obvious mods

PhantomVE

Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV e2 Clubsport R8
Shocking Price for Chrome Window Trim

Just called the holden service guys, looking to add chrome trim around the windows of my VE (like the calais have) can you believe this is a $1050 job?? i was thinking a few hundred max.

Does anyone know if you can get this done aftermarket?

Cheers,
Dave

bigdaddycool

Reaction score
Members Ride
2009 VE SS SILVER SEDAN
Just looking car mate...... Unforunately I would agree, scrap the SS badges.......... reason I make the argument is.......... you know it's an omega, and having SS badgets, when a 8 drags you and you get left for dust........ it'd be embarrasing. By removing the SS badges atleast you can have absolute pride in knowing your omega is fitted out with a kit etc, which is cool.

Best looking omega i've seen to date........ I say, tune and dyno :D ....

VP_belina

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Berlina
what have you doen to the care mate??

bfhoon

Reaction score
Members Ride
vx commodore
Be proud to drive a omega I drive 1

+1 I love my omega even though the name sounds like a kitchen appliance. The omega can look good you just have to spend a little bit dressing it up.

klavins

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE International Wagon MY09.5
I debadged my International and the rear looks SO much better! Used some floss (couldn't find the fishing line...) with a bit of heat from the heatgun. Heated up the glue/tape under the badge and ran the floss under it. Came off like a knife through butter. Then I just polished the area and bit and not it doesn't even look like anything was there in the first place.

2ppc5ft.jpg

MYVESSV8

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE 6LT M6
brake upgrade, use the V8 discs (calliper's are the same) but you also need the calliper carriers to space them further away, go for some slotted and good pads