Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Ideas

L

long haul

Ok Im sick of my job and sick of life so im going to hit the road as soon as I can. I have a newish small car right now and was thinking of just using that but I want to tow a trailer and its to small for that and I cant buy a new car if im on the road so im going back to using an older car and in the past I have had a VC commodore and it was a good runner and never let me down so im going to buy another cheap and rebuild the engine. what I would like is some info on which way I sould go. Ill use a blue motor since its a simple and easy+ cheap to fix but I want to use unleaded and get a bit more power out of it. Thoses yella terra heads any good? also I want to use a 5 speed box with it so any ideas on a box that will bolt in without any dramas. It should be a great combo to see oz in and wont cost me to much. thanks people for any help. BTW a few years ago I was going to do this and made the mistake of buying a XF falcon to do it in. It seemed like a great car with its 5 speed box but after replacing the whole steering system and countless other parts the motor crack a ring or two. Thanks to that my plans have been on hold for a few years so im not to keen on making any more mistakes.

MaNiac_VP

Mr Moderator !
Reaction score
Website
www.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
VPII Calais
If your not going to be working the engine much then it might be cheaper & easier just to get a Vn6 witha 5spd.
would be easier, unleaded & a good tower.

you can get these pretty cheap too.

L

long haul

Yeah I did think of doing that but id sooner have somthings thats dead easy to work on in the outback if it breaks down. I know how to fix it and it would not be hard to find parts no matter where I am. Also the blue motor should be good with a few mods to make it run on unleaded and give it a bit more power.