Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Identifying ECU

aussie_macca

Reaction score
Members Ride
Road trawling paddock bomb = moody VL
Ok so ive done all the normal searches on here and calaisturbo and google and any page i could think of but cant seem to find anything. What im interested in is the visual differences between an N/A ecu and a turbo ecu, im getting the car dyno tuned for 10-12pnd boost on wednesday and the bloke asked what computer i was running and i had to tell him i would get back to him. Ive had a look, ecu looks as new, has (chipped) printed on it so its probably got some 10% tuffer bloody $50 ebay crap in there, and the numbers were 3EM 9203 1689 and the bosch number was 9 260 060 002.......that is all that is on the ecu, there is nothing else to identify with (i dont know if some have N/A or turbo printed somewhere)...........so yeah the two questions are: How would i know whether i have a turbo or N/A computer....
and the next question is: what difference would it make whether my computer was for an N/A or turbo since it is on straight gas anyways? because pretty much the only difference i have read between the two is that you would need the turbo computer for the injectors if you were looking to run over 4-6pnd boost......but since i have no injectors to worry about then can anyone actually think of anything in a turbo comp that would benefit the car? seems like a silly question i know, but i cant seem to find anything on it so yeah, any and all help is much appreciated. thanks. josh

aussie_macca

Reaction score
Members Ride
Road trawling paddock bomb = moody VL
cheers for that mate

Nackerz

Rollin
Reaction score
Members Ride
2 n/a vl's 1 twin turbo vl vn ss vy sv8