Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Idiots not keeping left!

Ace_VP

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP S Pac
It is actually an offence for which an infringement can be issued, unfortunately not many highway officers issue tickets for it. Its one of those things that if a few people put along in the right or middle lane (when its a 3 lane highway) it can completely stuff the flow of traffic.

Education is needed and operations targetting drivers who break the rule need to be run. Autobahns in Germany flow well because the traffic is monitored and drivers are well educated. As a result they flow well, its a different story here, people just sit in what ever lane they want at what ever speed.

Verynice

Band
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Caprice 5L
well said ace

piston_broke

Reaction score
Members Ride
ssv ute , Range Rover Vogue
WTF! without even the luxury of a "passing lane" around here, and slow drivers being in plague proportion, i wish i had that problem of idiots not keeping left, cause if they done that here, there'd soon be a head on collision, and i bet they wouldn't like that.

Tatiana

We should have sushi Carol
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
Equinox LTZ - runs on cocaine
Old people and truck drivers seem to be quite good at sitting in the right lane. They sit side by side of the vehicle in the left lane doing the same speed, very infuriating. This morning all the way up South Road for miles I had a truck in the right lane next to a coach in the left lane, both just sitting on 60 with a mile of traffic behind them.

A few weeks back a bus going up Cement Hill gets in the right lane to overtake a truck in the left lane but couldn't. Both did 50ks an hour all the way to the top in the 80 zone. When the bus finally pulled in at the top of the hill I got next to him and fully abused him, he knew what he had done and looked very sheepish.

Verynice

Band
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Caprice 5L
Old people and truck drivers seem to be quite good at sitting in the right lane. They sit side by side of the vehicle in the left lane doing the same speed, very infuriating. This morning all the way up South Road for miles I had a truck in the right lane next to a coach in the left lane, both just sitting on 60 with a mile of traffic behind them.

A few weeks back a bus going up Cement Hill gets in the right lane to overtake a truck in the left lane but couldn't. Both did 50ks an hour all the way to the top in the 80 zone. When the bus finally pulled in at the top of the hill I got next to him and fully abused him, he knew what he had done and looked very sheepish.

Indeed, some buses do 30 - 40ks up cement hill, banks up traffic like a major crash scene.

What sucks is when say a bus in the left and a car in the right lane, both cruising at or under 60, the bus brakes and so does the car in the right lane? kinda same time for no reason.... which of course makes everyone else banked up behind them hit the anchors...

STEEV888

Reaction score
Members Ride
'95 200sx.
dont speed and it wont annoy you i highly doubt if somebody is in the right hand lane that they are ever doing 5 kms less than the speed limit.

Verynice

Band
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Caprice 5L
its not about speeding, bit hard to speed when traffic is banked up and congested thanks to count 'em ONE driver holding everyone up 10 k's under the limit...

JustDylan

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
VN Berlina
Indeed, some buses do 30 - 40ks up cement hill, banks up traffic like a major crash scene.

What sucks is when say a bus in the left and a car in the right lane, both cruising at or under 60, the bus brakes and so does the car in the right lane? kinda same time for no reason.... which of course makes everyone else banked up behind them hit the anchors...
Cops seem to be present there a great deal lately, thats probably why they're both breaking.

Verynice

Band
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Caprice 5L
Not really there, but anywhere... if a bus brakes in the left lane (for its own reason), the car in the right lane seems to feel the need to brake as well... hard to explain but i see it all the time..

STEEV888

Reaction score
Members Ride
'95 200sx.
crapelaide must be a bad place(im likening it to sydney traffic lol)
because where im from (2 hours north of sydney) there is free flowing traffic wherever you go whatever time.. ts great.