Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Idiots not keeping left!

BADNWS

Reaction score
Members Ride
SRT
Yeh your right! if the cops were actually out on the motor ways and freeways doing a patrol and could actually be botherd pulling people over who are in the wrong lane, traffic would flow alot better and there would be less accidents and less road rage. Just tonight i was comming home along our parkway 2 lanes 100kmh speed limit, some asian chick P-plater was doing about 60kmh in the right hand lane, so you had everyone going past in the left hand lane and all of us who were doing to speed limit and doing the right thing but getting in the right lane to overtake had to slam on our brakes the chick didnt move! its just dangerous.

bezz

Reaction score
Members Ride
VK
You do realise that the 'keep in the left lane unless overtaking' rule only applies if the speed limit of the road is 80km/h or over, or if it is signed 'Kept left unless overtaking'.
130—Keeping to the left on a multi-lane road
(1) This rule applies to a driver driving on a multi-lane road if:
(a) the speed-limit applying to the driver for the length of road where the driver
is driving is over 80 kilometres per hour; or
(b) a keep left unless overtaking sign applies to the length of road where the
driver is driving.

Tailgating is a traffic offence, so really you shouldn't be complaining about the person in the right lane, but the person behind them:
126—Keeping a safe distance behind vehicles
A driver must drive a sufficient distance behind a vehicle travelling in front of the
driver so the driver can, if necessary, stop safely to avoid a collision with the vehicle.
Offence provision.

I prefer driving in the right hand lane, and if the person behind me wants to tailgate me because I'm not driving 70 in a 60 zone, then thats their own problem.

Here's the link btw: http://www.legislation.sa.gov.au/LZ/C/R/AUSTRALIAN%20ROAD%20RULES/CURRENT/1999.219.UN.PDF

Its off an SA site but it is a copy of the Australian Road Rules.

Commydoor

born in the FB era
Reaction score
Members Ride
Vr Ss Blown
so so far weve worked it out that Bez is one of the idiots that drives in the right lane on purpose to slow traffic up...way to go sunshine you just made wank of the year...

bezz

Reaction score
Members Ride
VK
so so far weve worked it out that Bez is one of the idiots that drives in the right lane on purpose to slow traffic up...way to go sunshine you just made wank of the year...

Did I say I do it to slow traffic up? All I said is I don't drive 70 in 60 zones...

Verynice

Band
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Caprice 5L
Bezz said that hes not going to go 70 in a 60 zone if someones tailgating. I'm talking people going 70 in an 80 zone. People going 10k's under the limit in the overtaking lane is uncalled for, if they have a problem with being tailgated, they can move over!

DevilDRake

Braaaap
Reaction score
Website
www.devildrake.deviantart.com
Members Ride
2006 VZ SS 6L Ute
I agree i hate it, like it's a 2 lane road, 80ks, and they both sit on 70 side by side and you can't get past either of them

Verynice

Band
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Caprice 5L
I agree i hate it, like it's a 2 lane road, 80ks, and they both sit on 70 side by side and you can't get past either of them

Thats it man, nothing irritates me more than being boxed in.

NonStick Squid

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY II SS Ute m6, VS Calais

+1 shame they cant do a test for terminal stupidity before they hand out licences

Swordsy

mmmm beer....
Reaction score
Members Ride
VUII Maloo R8 - HX Tonner - XJR1200 - XR450R
That's what high beams are designed for.