Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

idiots on freeways

Potta9

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ve r8 , B2600
Had a good one today I'm sitting at the lights ready to go onto the freeway. It's a dual entry way which merges into a single lane . A white f6 is behind me (unmarked highway) and on the other side a guy in an Evo. As I take off the guy next to me puts his window down and gives a rev so I let him take off like an idiot and watch the highway patrol pull him over lol.
Just because my car is modified (quiet obviously) doesn't mean I want to race between lights.

showbags

SENIOR EL'BAGO
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Calais, BMW 135 m sport
FAIL.....never seen the signs " keep left unless overtaking"?

Lol only posted on every freeway in nsw, dunno where your from but if you don't know that rule stay the #### off the freeway!

What, don't they teach English comprehension is schools any more. See this "?" symbol means it is a question. As in HAVE YOU NEVER SEEN THE SIGNS. not a statement say I've never seen them.

vicarious

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE2 SV6 SPORTWAGON
Considering all the KEEP LEFT UNLESS OVERTAKING signs are plastered everywhere it should be an easy one to remember as it is also taught when getting your licence.

this pisses me off to the max. also, but in adelaide people keep on the right to turn right 3km up ahead, cause if your in the left lane no kent will let you back in to the right lane to turn right, just no consideration. Also what gets my goat is people who dont plan where there going in advance, and morons who wedge in(when you leave a safe distance)leaving no braking distance in wet conditions and tailgate.

Tim Smtih

Sexy Man
Reaction score
Website
tinyurl.com
Members Ride
just buy a v8 lol
FAIL.....never seen the signs " keep left unless overtaking"?

Nope, and not a single fine or demerit point to my name, go figure.

drewVHSS

Donating Member
Reaction score
Website
stores.ebay.com.au
Members Ride
'83 VH SS, '79 Green VB SL '92 S2 VQ Caprice
It is people like you that make driving on highways and freeways a pain in the bum.

Have you every had you speedometer checked for accuracy?

If you are driving a VL Commodore then it would of been released when the requirements for speedo accuracy were a little more flexible than what they are for todays cars.

So if your speedo is out by a couple of Kph then you in fact could be traveling less than the posted speed limit, which could be one reason for people sitting behind you trying to get past.
But hey thats ok, YOUR speedo says 100Kph so it must be accurate, right.

Its people like you that create traffic issues because of a poor attitude on the road.
How hard is it to merge back into the left lane once you have passed the vehicles that were traveling slower than you?

You are not the law. If people want to go faster than you, then move over and let them go.
You will also find that flipping the bird to another motorist is now a fine-able offense in most states, I think it comes under the road rage act, or something like it.
I am sure someone will look this up and correct me if wrong!

So by sitting in the right lane and flipping the bird to people you are breaking two laws. That one point you have left may not last to long.

This is why i rely on my Tom Tom which seems to be very close to the road side speedcheck electronic signs and also on a recent "rego check/RBT" i asked the copper what he had my speed as (i wasn't speeding) and he confirmed pretty close speed to my GPS... In the VB i have a 3.45 diff ratio so the speedo is way out and in the VH SS, the speedo is accurate untill 60km/h and then it works it's way to being inaccurate gradually from there on upwards, 120 on the speedo is 108, probably due to the 16" wheels with 225 50 16 tyres.

87RB30VL

Swiggidy Swag
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Members Ride
09' FG XR6 Falcon, 75' HJ Kingswood Ute
It is people like you that make driving on highways and freeways a pain in the bum.

Have you every had you speedometer checked for accuracy?

If you are driving a VL Commodore then it would of been released when the requirements for speedo accuracy were a little more flexible than what they are for todays cars.

So if your speedo is out by a couple of Kph then you in fact could be traveling less than the posted speed limit, which could be one reason for people sitting behind you trying to get past.
But hey thats ok, YOUR speedo says 100Kph so it must be accurate, right.

Its people like you that create traffic issues because of a poor attitude on the road.
How hard is it to merge back into the left lane once you have passed the vehicles that were traveling slower than you?

You are not the law. If people want to go faster than you, then move over and let them go.
You will also find that flipping the bird to another motorist is now a fine-able offense in most states, I think it comes under the road rage act, or something like it.
I am sure someone will look this up and correct me if wrong!

So by sitting in the right lane and flipping the bird to people you are breaking two laws. That one point you have left may not last to long.

Number 1: My speedo is in synch with my Tom Tom, which I have used in my car, my brother's car, my parent's car, and my old 1983 Ford Courier. All showed the same speeds on both Tom Tom and speedo.

Number 2: I have never caused any traffic issues, blockages, jams, or accidents from driving. I could merge into the left lane to let the speeders past me, but I am probably doing them a favor.

Number 3: I know I am not the law. Neither is anyone else, except Police Officers. Why should I move over and let some douche bag pass me just because they want to speed. Also, If flipping the bird is a fineable offense, let's hope I don't do it to an under cover cop, but then again, they shouldn't be speeding up behind me now, should they.

Number 4: I've grown quite fond of my 1 point, I'm sure I will be keeping it around until It's joined by 11 more this year.

Shedvl

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY 25th Anniversary Commodore
This is a toughie. Im convinced that some people get their licence then just dont care anymore. They are rude and selfish on the road. I recently did only my second drive to Sydney. I was nervous as hell, but I did the right thing and stayed in the left lane as much as possible. You get more confident as you do it, but the number of drivers that tailgate and be a smartarse. I do the speed limit. I wasnt going to speed and lose my points, not to mention drive dangerously..I waited until it was safe and merged as soon as I could. While some do these trips everyday for work etc, not all are used to it. I mean are you in that big a hurry. Just trying to point out the other side of it. I agree though, some use it as a race track. I also agree with the Commodore comment. Add to that the fact I have mags on and personalised plates and people assume Im up for a race.....please, my tyres cost too much for that crap lol :hmmm:

PaRaDoX

From the old days
Reaction score
Members Ride
BMW N54 Twin Turbo
I get the occasional subaru/Nissan ricer boy trying to give me a run in newcastle driving home from work.
Never ceases to.amaze me why these small n/a 4 cylinder 1800/2.0 motor ricer fan owners want to take on a light, very quick cammed v6...
I enjoy driving my car , I dont thrash it, nor race it on the street, have a bigger motor, the car looks nicer and sounds nicer than theirs... I dont need to prove anything lol or risk getting a fine on the police filled roads in the afternoon.

I lol hard when they rev the guts out of their cars, hit the next red light to stop and I come cruising by at normal legal speed, not thrashing or revving the guts out of it and catch up to them hahahaha

Al

Sent from my X10i using Tapatalk

Well for starters your very quick cammed v6 is actually a slow cammed v6 (it probably still runs a 15 second 1/4 right?)
And from what i've observed from NSW drivers the countless times i've been subjected to stupid driving it doesn't matter what car their driving, Idiots are idiots.

kingswood country

Reaction score
Members Ride
hj kingswood
I hate those ones that wait till the last second to merge in and interupt traffic, merge as early as you can, of your trying to squeeze, don't expect me to let you in. I had a truck sitting up my missus arse in her pulsar, pushed her through a red ligh( if she stopped she would've been slammed) sp I let her in front and waited for him to sit up my arse in my ute, he was so close I could see the brand on the lenses, so the closer he got, the slower I went, he wasnt happy, but hey, don't be a retard.

87RB30VL

Swiggidy Swag
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Members Ride
09' FG XR6 Falcon, 75' HJ Kingswood Ute
I hate people who have pulled over on the freeway for whatever reason, and when they want to get back on the road, they just pull out into 100km traffic. I try to at least get to 100 in the shoulder before pulling back onto the freeway.