Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Idiots with HID's!

someguy360

Reaction score
Members Ride
Various
BTW I've already stated my car's defectable if a cop pulled me over and yellow stickered me that's fair and I wouldn't challenge!

Does this actually happen (cops defecting other cops?)

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
My biggest pet hate is cyclists with their over bright lights that flash on and off. Right at eyelevel aswell.

Yes, they are a pain, but looking from a cyclists point of view, most drivers seem to be blind to cyclist and anything that makes a driver take a look and actually acknowledge that there is a cyclist on the road is a good thing from a cyclists point of view.

I can personally attest to this as I have been hit by a car and been forced off the road more that once in the years that I rode a bike.

STEALTHY™

So Wet For You!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Calais International, FPV, Audi
Wankers with HIDs or stupidly positioned lights of any kind just get my high beams til i go past.

Contemplating fitting rear spotties for the ####wits behind me. If they dont give a #### about the rule,s why should anyone else...

Yes, they are a pain, but looking from a cyclists point of view, most drivers seem to be blind to cyclist and anything that makes a driver take a look and actually acknowledge that there is a cyclist on the road is a good thing from a cyclists point of view.

I can personally attest to this as I have been hit by a car and been forced off the road more that once in the years that I rode a bike.
I'm not sure its such a good idea to blind something that has a good chance of killing you if they cant see you (because they've been blinded)

I've seen a few with perfect lights, they're bright, but angled to the road, so you can see them, but dont get blinded by them. The rest are obviously just doing it to be wankers like who this thread is about.

matto9018

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Calais S2
I agree with everyone here, I own 3" Lifted & 33s 2008 Patrol, just using normal headlights bulbs (whiter. The only HID I got is my lightforce spotties.
Only use them when I'm out of town and no one to bother. I still get people blinding me with HID especially driving patrol.
Dont mind HID, just not low beams that's all

somerandom

Reaction score
A friend ran a 150w hid kit as his headlights, which was atleast twice as bright as his standard high-beam lights

so many people so many mad, r u mad brah?

wraith

Hand over the dog bikkies
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX V6 Berlina. 2003 VW Passat
A friend ran a 150w hid kit as his headlights, which was atleast twice as bright as his standard high-beam lights

so many people so many mad, r u mad brah?

Fail troll fails.

essessvee

Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 SSV
i was told from the rta that hids are only legal in cars that have adjustable headlights - which is most cars now anyway (that little switch hidden away that moves the pattern up and down).

ephect

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Acclaim V6
i was told from the rta that hids are only legal in cars that have adjustable headlights - which is most cars now anyway (that little switch hidden away that moves the pattern up and down).

Yea.. No! Read the rta website.. There are at least 3 things it needs to comply