Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

If you had a drag strip nearby, why _wouldn't_ you use it

Why I wont take my street car to the track

• I feel my car is too slow and don't want to be embarrassed by speed difference of the faster cars

Votes: 24 27.3%
  • I'm worried about my car breaking (would be odd to think this in a slower car but you never know)

Votes: 27 30.7%
  • I rather no one knew the times my car runs

Votes: 5 5.7%
  • I'm just a bit nervious about it

Votes: 9 10.2%
  • Other, please post

Votes: 23 26.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

azza77

Kiss my coight
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX S2 Super6
i agree azza...theres been a plan on the table for years now to get a strip and track just north of raymond terrace going...its nothing but bush and a few houses but its too close apparently to the highway for noise or some such b/s

Yeah was actually just googleing that, looks like theres no plans for it to go ahead. Sounds like a load a sh*t to me. Some prick probably decided not to support drag racing because they didnt want to fork some money out to keep the dicks off the road and on the track. absolute joke

ryno_vrx

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR HSV enhanced Berlina
well i think your a bit late for that particular petition lol sounds like a good idea though,
"Written letters or emails (submissions) must contain your name, address and phone number & have to be received by the council before the 20 April 2008. "

theres talk of something similar happen up here in mackay but i think its just rumors for now :sad:

Verynice

Band
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Caprice 5L
The top two forsure.

VP Pursuit

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP S2 BT1 5L / VS V6 Exec
I have on occasion taken my Stock VS exec down to Willowbank - and almost every time have been the slowest there at 16.563 ET which is slow for a VS anyway...WB is about 45k from here but because its somewhere I can legally get the old girl to 160 i enjoy it...

I will for once however be taking the not as slow VP that has a few mods so I will be well and trully trying to smash my PB of 16.563 ET....

There is nothing wrong with being a little slow down their its about the expiriance...and knowing not everyone A has the balls to stick their car on a 1/4 and B there is always a chance I might actually win one one day...
To the people that are worired about breaking your car, as long as its in good repair and serviced the stress your car is under for that 15 sec is less then the total drive to and from the drag strip and less then say a trip from Brisbane to Sydney....

VKCOMMO

Carpark Mechanic.....
Reaction score
Members Ride
VP V6 T5, '77 BMW 320i e21, and a pair of Nike Air
other: i wish my car could drive 404m without kicking it

Skidney

Utes do it better.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VP UTE
id be there every opportunity if there was one that was OPEN

Dum*P*ster

Moist
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 SIDI
I don't want my car to break.. Or develop a issue.

:)

minux

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 SSV Redline
People who own slow cars generally have no money. Its cheaper to race their piles of **** on the road than to drive to a track to pay money to sit around for a few hours.

Reaper

Tells it like it is.
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG Z71 Colorado, 120 Prado , VDJ200, Vantage
I have zero interest in drag racing. Circuit track days are far more my thing which I have attended in the past and look forward to in the future. Time is the biggest killer for me :(

Reaper