Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

ignition barrel help

accentstencil

Reaction score
Members Ride
WH II Caprice, 5.7 2018 Equinox LTZ V
It's hard to explain but if you look inside the hole where the barrel goes, on the left hand side there is a hole, inside there is a part that needs to be levered down and it clicks into place allowing the barrel to go in. Just try until you get it, like I said it's hard to explain. Also make sure the key is in the on position.

rr088

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT LS1 Calais
Hello, I can supply a barrel & key to suit it for $25- or I can supply the complete column if you need to change it the easier way for $50- Plus postage of course. if you need any help phone me on 0438 390388 I will talk you through it. Cheers

nutta79

Reaction score
Members Ride
vx commodore 2000
It's hard to explain but if you look inside the hole where the barrel goes, on the left hand side there is a hole, inside there is a part that needs to be levered down and it clicks into place allowing the barrel to go in. Just try until you get it, like I said it's hard to explain. Also make sure the key is in the on position.

got it back in but now ignition switch (black box) wont line up to go back on

nutta79

Reaction score
Members Ride
vx commodore 2000
ignition switch black box wont fit back on