Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Ignition Barrel

V

VKnVLCalais

Hi guys, had to remove ignition barrel today, as my key stopped working. struggled with it a fair bit. Once u take off the wheel, indicator switch out there is a tiny vertical slit, just thick enough for a thin flat screw driver to fit into it. Mine was half covered with a burr, so I didnt think it had anything to do with it. But it does. Just to let u guys know, if u ever have to remove one and are struggling with it.

I got so frustrated, i was hitting stuff with a hammer :hit:, bent one of my good screwdrivers trying to pry off the barrel from the outside, lost some screws in my rage:mad:, and worst of all, i have a blister where my index finger rubs against the key when i turn it, due to turning it on and off that many times with force. :ranting:

im calm now, i have it off, Calling Ballarat Holden tomorrow to get a new one. :) :wave: :D

marinello red

Reaction score
Members Ride
AS NEW 1982 VH COMMODORE SL 3.3 BLUE ENGINE
try a second hand assy--------------

V

VKnVLCalais

i bought a new barrel, i work for one of holdens smaller companies, i got it cheap.