Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Ignition plug wires.

CORNY4

Reaction score
Members Ride
VH 304 EFI T5
Hey guys, wondering if you could tell me what each wire on the ignition plug means (pink, Violet ect) Really need to know what one is ign. on. Spent ages looking at a wiring diagram, but failed haha. Just trying to wire up my efi 5L in a VH. Thanks Mike

m1lky

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS
Have you got a multimeter or a test light?

One should be live

Connecting this to each of the other 3 individually. one should make acc, ign and turn starter.

the_boozer

no more VK
Reaction score
Members Ride
hilux

CORNY4

Reaction score
Members Ride
VH 304 EFI T5
Nah, not really, only the huge wiring diagram from the workshop manual. So if I was told to wire something to ign. on. Would it be the red or pink one?

m1lky

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS
I see what your trying to do now. Based on the above then pink? Definitely not red as that loos like the main feed from the battery.

Probably easier to do it at the fuse box. Just switch car to ign on find something in the feed that's live and check it goes off with the key. Or you could steal power from cig lighter/headdeck.

Regardless of where You get find the source, use a relay if you plan to draw much current. Otherwise you'll start blowing fuses.

CORNY4

Reaction score
Members Ride
VH 304 EFI T5
Oh sweet, Yeah, I have relays in there. Never thought of using the cig lighter. Will give it another attempt today.