Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Ignition Problems with my VR Calais

J

JoshTaylor

My V6 calais is having some problems starting. When it is cold it starts no problem but when it is warm it often has trouble starting. It seems completely random to me. The engine turns over but it has no spark. And then sometimes within 5 minutes or sometimes 1 hour it decides to start. I have replaced coil pack , module , leads , alternator, fuel pump and starter motor. My thinking is that it is the crank angle sensor but i am slightly confused.
Also the other day i was driving along and the car just died, in the middle of the traffic lights i might add, and then wouldn't start. But after about 5-10mins of trying it eventually started.

Any comments would be appreciated.

S

Smilin

I had exactly the same problem 4 weeks ago.. My car just kept dieing randomly while driving in traffic. Was horrible :p

Replaced my crank angle sensor, and was all good to go :w00t:

Keep alot of cold water in your car, when it stalls, pour a heap over the sensor, and it'll start. (Thats if it IS the crank angle sensor)
Pour it behind the front main wheel on the front of ur engine, i think its the bottom one :thumbsup:
(Sorry i dont know what the name of it is lol)

hoppa_vsv8

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs v8 commodore ute
yes Smilin u are right if it starts after the cold water then its a 90% chance its the prob. (by the way its called a harmonic balancer) :D the main pully off the crank, yes its the bottom one good luck Josh Taylor