Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

ignition switched to on, cd player doesn't turn on

jake87

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN Calais V6 S1
my vh turns back towards me but my cousins VH doesnt. So yeah the ignition barel could be a bit damaged.

nizmovk

Reaction score
Members Ride
VK wagon
the key jiggle works for me, sorta push in and turn back/jiggle... the other option is if you sterio has a turn off option(usually the source button), splice yellow/red together and join to battery feed.... the only pitfall can be that you have to turn it off/on manually every time. But also means you can have it on with no other acc.

Denno

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Commodore Lumina
Hey all,

I finally remembered to check if turning the key back while jiggling it would work, and to my surprise it did!

Thanks heaps for the tips,

Luke

VKStevo

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Exec
yes, when u put in the key, it is in the lock position, that's when the steering wheel locks and everything is off, the first click is off, which is the same as lock but the steering wheel doesnt lock, the next is on, this is where the normal positions for the car when it is running, absolutely everything is on at this stage, then of course u have start after that, to get to acc as pointed out before u have to turn the key backwards from lock position, often having to push it in a little bit to get it to turn back

im guessing where u thought was acc was in the off position only, then of course the cd player wont work, i hope this clears up any misunderstandings

Denno

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Commodore Lumina
yeh cheers VKStevo, that clears it up very well. :D

Goon

Scientific Tuning
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY CUSTOM.
If you wanna use your player while your working on your ride with the player on "engine off", just connect a battery charger up :)

VKStevo

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Exec
does the battery charger have 2 be more powerfull so that it doesnt still lose power?

Goon

Scientific Tuning
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY CUSTOM.
It wil just kepp your current volts at the level or maybe .1 volt higher or less "digital muilitmeter will show its status"

but remember u cant keep your player on 24/7 as it gets hot due to the hot wire going to the battery. "im installing PC cooling fans soon to fight this, keep cool but not burning hot"

grassy

Reaction score
Members Ride
vh slx
My VH did the same thing, real pain in the bum, may need to get auto electrician to change the wiring