Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

ignorant neighbours - what to do?

Shifty1

Reaction score
Members Ride
EF Almost Turbo
Hey

Ill start with the people accross the road.. their kids have hit my car with a football, cricket ball and similar while playing their games, dented it and all, but I havent seen them so I have no visual proof.. but the dents are the EXACT size..

The neihbour to the left has hit my car with his XF twice now, only one dent tho.. the only reason I know its him is bcause the dent is in the shape of a towbar and he is the only one nearby with a towbar apart from me.

Now, I dont know what to do.. since I havent seen any of these actually happen I cant file a police report.. I put an alarm to catch them in the act and it went off last night when my new dent appeared in my front bar in the exact shape of the towbar which was just after the neighbour got home..

Any suggestions people? :(

PS, when I first got the car it as pretty much dent free.. now.. :( :( :(

dephilile

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Executive S2
Have you confronted them about it? Just send them the bill to get it fixed.

Couriers used to park next to my mum at work when they were making deliveries to her building. The drivers side door of her car is covered in dints and white paint transferred from the courier vans. She was unable to catch them in the act but she got so fed up with it she confronted them and told them the next time the damage her car they were getting the bill to fix it. The courier guy denied it of course. Never had another dint put in it though.

vlv8vic

<---Brad Quaid = internet stalker
Reaction score
Members Ride
M5
you live in a unit or something? i cant imagine my car ever being that close to someone elses car at my home.

stand at the window and watch. or even better - at my old place (share house) there would be 5 cars on the lawn at any time. they were repeatly either egged or raped of anything good (mine was never robbed thank christ) so i got one of those little black and white swan secutity cameras. its on a massively long cord whcih goes to the VCR which on long play will record for up to 12 hours (a 6 hour regular tape).

soon found out who was doing it(the eggs at least) and simply threatening police action stopped them there and then.
light was the only problem the little cams dont work so well in the dark so leaving the porch light on will help.....
its worth it mate. i hate stuff happening to my car adn at home is even worse!

michaelw

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX S2
To turn one of those cameras into a night vision camera....

Behind the lens is a small piece of smokey(or blue) plastic, this is the IR filter. These cameras usually have too good an IR response so a filter is placed infront. Removal of this filter will improve the night vision at the expense of the daytime.

For extra preformance use an IR illuminator, or just a stack of IR leds.

Mike

vlv8vic

Reaction score
Members Ride
M5
so unscrew the lense and pull out a bit of plastic? i can handle taht. i imagine during daylight it would go like it goes when it cops a heap of sun or contrasting shades, just get a white blur.

VT-565

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT
stand at the window? with a 30-30 and ranging scope......set up some claymores and have your mates on stand by with uzis....seriously, i guess i am lucky cause i can put my car away and lock er up, but that is some fu*%ed up s$%t right there....do what you can to deter them....some people have no respect.... :ranting:

michaelw

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX S2
vlv8vic said:
so unscrew the lense and pull out a bit of plastic? i can handle taht. i imagine during daylight it would go like it goes when it cops a heap of sun or contrasting shades, just get a white blur.

Unscrewing the lens will throw it out of focus. Usually you have to remove the lens assembly from the circuit board. So you unscrew the screws, not the lens itself. I hope that makes some sort of sense. I'll look for photos.

With regards to the neighbours. Firstl;y start with the nice approach. Go over and talk to them. Most times people are ignorant rather than really nasty. If you go over there screaming things will go from bad to worse. Also remember that most parents think their little Johnny is an angel. So start with saying that the ball 'accidently' has hit your car. If you get people back up the situation will only go from bad to worse and we will see this all being played out on "A current affair"

Mike

Shivaga

Reaction score
Website
www.bhss.com.au
Members Ride
'05 VZ Lumina 3.6V6
mate, your doing well by not having approached them now. i was starting to feel p*ssed off just reading you expierence. If i were you they'd be kissing my arse with for sale signs in their front yard! but i'm a d*ckhead so just keep up the kindly practices!

michaelw

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX S2
The thing with the clam response is that it does not exclude the ******** later on. The reverse is less easy to achieve.

Mike

vlv8vic

Reaction score
Members Ride
M5
put sugar in the pricks petrol tank and next time the football comes over keep it and look really nasty like at the kids. you know snarl and stuff.