Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

IJUSGOT1 became a write off on new years morning

Blue-VZSSV8

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SS Sedan
Thats gotta suck mate, things can only get better, you could meet a surf chick with a new clubsport while up here on the coast, good luck

Marco-EFIVL

Now driving R34 GT-T taxi
Reaction score
Members Ride
Nissan Skyline, R34 GT-T (RB25DET NEO) sedan
Though luck mate, I wish I could be of some help... I just hope it pans out as best it can without the 5-0's being a monkey on your back... Chin up and on with it, what is done is done mate, it sucks arse, but you just gotta puch on and get on with it...

webwombat

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY10 VE SS-V wagon
spewing man - at least your insured :) and the main thing your OK as thats priceless - always replace a car but not a human - so whats going to the the outcome of this mess?

EXCESSV

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV
thanks all...

well yesterday the assessor was supposed to go to the place where the car was taken by the tow truck driver to assess it but anyone with half a brain sees its a write off...
and the insurance company have requested for a police report to see if it was either drink driving or reckless driving.
i blew 0.00 so its not drink driving and with NO witnesses i was told the cops can only charge me with no more than careless driving but will have to wait...

its basically a waiting game of what happens next...taking it day by day.

also considering getting a solicitor and making a formal complaint to the wa police in regards to the way i was treated...

vlv8vic

<---Brad Quaid = internet stalker
Reaction score
Members Ride
M5
wait until you know your insurance comes through before you complain about anything. legally it cant make a difference but best to wait til you have your money in case they decide to say you had to be speeding or something.

Wouldnt worry about a solicitor, just make the complaint.

maxy0987

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Exec S2
i blew 0.00 so its not drink driving and with NO witnesses i was told the cops can only charge me with no more than careless driving but will have to wait...

I dunno mate, for you to write your car off around a bend i think that's a pretty fair indication of careless diving at a minimum.
One could argue you were going too fast for the conditions and regardless of the patch of sand whatever it was you would've lost it, there are too many ifs or buts.

The whole thing about being your dream car i dont buy into too much, if it was your dream car you would've been more careful. You knew you were tired yet you took the corner at your usual speed, you should've slowed down and you know that. I'm not trying to give you a lecture (hell i spun my 1st car a few months back and i usually look after it), it's just that sometimes you **** up. This was one of those times and you probably deserve the hassle from the cops because its a typical 'hoon situation', doesnt excuse the swearing at you though.

Not trying to be harsh, just trying to shed some light on the other side of the coin.

HaMmErD

Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden Cruze CDX
for a first gear crash its a pretty good effort :thumbsup: .. was just looking at the pics again ;)

Just because he smashed his car doesn't mean he wasn't been cautious on what he was doing. He said that he was tired... faitgued... your reactions to speed and your surroundings are hindered.

He did everything in his power to not smash the car unfortunatly when he over corrected left the car didn't wanna 'come back around'

Bad luck :cry:

Ripcell

R8 FTW!!!
Reaction score
Members Ride
324rwkw MY06 VZ R8 Maloo M6
well if they dont pay out it will be a case of either leave it at the auction house its at now for them to sell it and get whatever cash i get or bring the car home...strip it and sell the parts.
but i am hoping i just get a pay out chq

is there actually an estimate of the cost to repair it even if it is a write off, could be a good project for someone...

ide consider it cos its the exact car i want :p

minux

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 SSV Redline
is there actually an estimate of the cost to repair it even if it is a write off, could be a good project for someone...

ide consider it cos its the exact car i want :p

Get in line, i have already asked himt o ask for a buy out value if it is written off ;p