Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Illegal Lights

C

chrgdstatesman

roh no offence or anithin mate but seriously everyone has and can have there own oppinion about colourd parkers. i have colourd parkers and i reakon they look good but then again thats my own opinion. mine are blue and i also have the dimond vision head lightz which have extra white light and a tinge of blue and i have never been pulled over coz of them.

R

RKZ234

chrgdstatesman said:
roh no offence or anithin mate but seriously everyone has and can have there own oppinion about colourd parkers. i have colourd parkers and i reakon they look good but then again thats my own opinion. mine are blue and i also have the dimond vision head lightz which have extra white light and a tinge of blue and i have never been pulled over coz of them.

Being pulled over is the least of your problems.

You need to check if they are illegal or not and have the question answered difinitively. ie. Get whoever supplies you with the advice, to cite the precise section of whatever Act permits coloured parkers and get a copy of that section. I am unaware of any state which permits a vehicle to project a forward facing head light or fog light light that is anything other than white or yellow. Parkers are considered to be a headlight.

If they are illegal it means your car is unroadworthy.

Unroadworthy = NO INSURANCE!!

So you need to be VERY careful about this. You don't want to find your insurance cover is void after you have a crash!

Last edited by a moderator:
R

rattattack1313

Roh said:
People who install coloured parkers or lights in their catpi**ers listen up.

You look stupid and other road users treat you with contempt. Grow up.

You don't need these ridiculous lights to make you car look good.
...........look stupid??? all that can be seen of mine, when the headlights are on, is a weee little glimmer of green in the headlight....and I never really park anywhere I need to leave my parkers on .......and the green suits the rest of the color-coding on my machine.........if you dont like it, tough titties mate......everyone else who sees it , likes it........and my car wins trophies at shows.......lol..( well, one, anyway....for "Stock As A Rock " category......)....(my car???stock???? I dont think so....lol...shows how much the others had done their cars up...lol....).......

R

Ratty

Roh,

Everyone has thier own personal touches to cars... Some like coloured lights some dont... HOWEVER respect man ... respect what people do and say... this is OUR forums... run my fellow holden drivers... enjoy the forum... enjoy peoples opinions as your comments were your opinion... but show respect! Oh yeah I am **** at spelling LOL

TigerVX

Reaction score
Members Ride
2000 VX Commodore
I emailed the RTA to check the rules properly. As far as the rules go in NSW anyway, any foward facing light on a vehicle must be white or light yellow with the exception of cops etc. I'm not sure of the rules in other states.

Bec

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais-V 6L Wagon
Yeah it's the same in QLD. Blue is especially illegal because that's only for emergency vehicles. Red is next in line for this reason, and only the back of cars should have red light.

R

Roh

Ratty, Ratattack, Chargedstatesman -

No worries guys, I understand there are differing opinions about EVERYTHING. That's why I responded. I understand all opinions are valid, so that's why I gave mine. Keep enjoying the forum. Always fun having a bit of to-and-fro!

Julie

moderator- for now anyway
Reaction score
Members Ride
Blown VT Calais 355 + SC VY V6
When u guys say blue lights are illegal, does that mean lights that have a prominent blueish tinge? The reason I ask is because I have noticed a lot of lights on the market that are blue but not really, they are more white, but a more pure white colour, but if someone was gonna be really anal they could probably say they are blue. Its a bit like house lights u can get the halogen lights that shine pure white but have a hint of blue or get the normal white ones which have a tinge of yellow in them.

R

Ratty

Roh... yeah exactly this is a fun forum with a weath of info... enjoy it but personally I dont like to see people attcking others such as I felt you did in your post... anyway lets get on with our love of holdens!!

Shivaga

Reaction score
Website
www.bhss.com.au
Members Ride
'05 VZ Lumina 3.6V6
Julie said:
When u guys say blue lights are illegal, does that mean lights that have a prominent blueish tinge? The reason I ask is because I have noticed a lot of lights on the market that are blue but not really, they are more white, but a more pure white colour, but if someone was gonna be really anal they could probably say they are blue. Its a bit like house lights u can get the halogen lights that shine pure white but have a hint of blue or get the normal white ones which have a tinge of yellow in them.

Yeah, I'm seeing alot of the new jags and mercs comeing out with those bluish lights stock!