Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Illegal Parking

STEALTHY™

So Wet For You!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Calais International, FPV, Audi
Thats true, but I was meaning if it wasn't their own driveway. Hmm, now we are continuing this thread. Are we as bad as the original thread starter for posting up a meaningless pic the 1st time ;) :)

Not at all. I'm giving the correct information so people don't go and end up in a fist fight with someone just because they chose to park over their own driveway and 'the intranat' told them it was illegal....:whistling

HoldenOnn

Roll Cage Territory
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Calais Series 2 HBD V6 Sedan 2004
Good work for doing your bit then ;)

josh.meaden

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY commodore acclaim
LOL, this is actually the funniest pointless thread ever.

MizzVR

Reaction score
Members Ride
Subaru Impreza MY05 WRX STi
If you end up with a car parked in front (completely blocking) your driveway, such as the Honda in the picutre.. I'm pretty sure you just call the council.. who organise a tow truck.. and also slap the person with a parking fine..
Happens all the time to this lady who lives next to my step-mums shop in a side street of Toorak Rd, in Melbourne. She now has the council on speed dial.

TMM

OEM+
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Berlina S2
lololol @ the OP changing his story.

Pro tip:
It you look in your car you'll find this big circular shaped thing attached to the dash. If you're lucky it might even have a Holden logo embossed in the middle. This is to help you maneuver through tricky spots.

Seriously, i find it's just as easy to maneuver a Commodore when cars are parked as such as with a small FWD car. RWD = small turning circle ;).

Jesterarts

Your freedom ends where mine begins
Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 Nissan X-Trail ST-L
Well, that was an interesting read.

Just one think I would like to point out. You CAN'T block YOUR driveway, mainly because it isn't actually YOUR driveway, it's the councils driveway. So you are actually blocking the councils driveway.

Same reason you can't part in the driveway close to the road even if you're not blocking a foot path.

Other than that, to the OP, if you struggle with getting in and out of that, how do you park your car at say a supermarket? Much tighter than that.

I will admit I had a similar issue living in a court. The neighbours daughters boyfriend would park about a half meter up the court from being directly opposite in the direction I had to reverse.

Which was a pain, because it was a narrow street to begin with, and I was reversing uphill AND trying to avoid his car. Only other option was to reverse the other way, drive around the court and past my house again to get out onto the street at the bottom.

Asked him a couple times to not do it, this was ignored and the last straw was when he parked more than half a meter out from the curb.

At this point I borrowed dads triton with the tray and took out his a pillar. (Company cars are awesome because the company pays the insurance excess). Dad wasn't that impressed with my plan, but saw the funny side when we found out the other blokes car was a write off while the only damage to the triton tray was a small scratch.

Wrote his car off, never had an issue again.

Not sure if that helps you much but I'm fairly bored and just had an urge to post something... ANYTHING! :p

danja

Swerves for gay koalas
Reaction score
Members Ride
CBF 250 and a Levin ZR
At this point I borrowed dads triton with the tray and took out his a pillar. (Company cars are awesome because the company pays the insurance excess). Dad wasn't that impressed with my plan, but saw the funny side when we found out the other blokes car was a write off while the only damage to the triton tray was a small scratch.

Wrote his car off, never had an issue again.

So if he was parked illegally, who was found "at-fault"?

Jesterarts

Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 Nissan X-Trail ST-L
Me still, because I hit a stationary car. Just because someone else is doing something illegal on the road, doesn't mean you're allowed to plow into them.

If the police had been called, he would have also received a fine for being illegally parked, but as such I was the one who caused the collision.

Similar deal in a carpark. If someone has parked like an idiot across one and a half spots, and you hit their car while trying to get in, you are at fault.

On a side note, not all that relevant to the thread but a bit to the "who is at fault" side of things.

My gf's dad and me where at leaving bunnings. Now he has a BIG landcruiser ute with a tray. So we are backing out of the spot and the spot next to us on the right was empty so he was using that space.

Then half was through the turn, when the front of the car is already in the spot nex to us some bloke decided to pull into that spot and we basically parked on his bonnet.

And this bloke was found at fault because although basically he got in our way while we were already making the move from what I understand.

Anyway, back on topic now... :p

danja

Swerves for gay koalas
Reaction score
Members Ride
CBF 250 and a Levin ZR
Me still, because I hit a stationary car. Just because someone else is doing something illegal on the road, doesn't mean you're allowed to plow into them.

If the police had been called, he would have also received a fine for being illegally parked, but as such I was the one who caused the collision.

Similar deal in a carpark. If someone has parked like an idiot across one and a half spots, and you hit their car while trying to get in, you are at fault.

On a side note, not all that relevant to the thread but a bit to the "who is at fault" side of things.

My gf's dad and me where at leaving bunnings. Now he has a BIG landcruiser ute with a tray. So we are backing out of the spot and the spot next to us on the right was empty so he was using that space.

Then half was through the turn, when the front of the car is already in the spot nex to us some bloke decided to pull into that spot and we basically parked on his bonnet.

And this bloke was found at fault because although basically he got in our way while we were already making the move from what I understand.

Anyway, back on topic now... :p

Interesting. I knew a guy who was tooling around, took a corner too hard and ended up totaling into the arse end of a parked 3000GT - one or both of the cars were a write-off (can't recall exactly).

Anyway, long story short, the guy driving copped a negligent driving charge, but when it came time to the insurance, the Mistubishi policy ended up paying for it all because he was parked illegally.

Jesterarts

Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 Nissan X-Trail ST-L
Interesting, I guess it also depends how hard your insurance company fights for you.